(Cross) - Out of the Ashes

I scanned the case thoroughly, admiring all of the pastries in the display. After going back and forth I finally picked out all the goods I wanted. Muffet happily plucked them from their spots and wrapped them up in a box topped with purple ribbon. Stuffing the box into my bag, I paid my dues and said goodbye as I strolled out to the busy streets.

I watched all of the people walking around the town's square. Even for being the middle of the week it was still fairly crowded.

My next stop was to swing by Queen Toriel's and drop off some of these baked goods. I adjusted the bag on my shoulder for a better fit and began weaving through the crowd.
Just as I was about to make a break for my exit I heard a distinct voice that caught my attention.

"COME NOW BROTHER SURELY IT ISN'T THAT BAD!" I looked over my shoulder to see Frisk and Papyrus sitting on a wall talking. Deciding to take a detour, I made my way over to them. "OH! HELLO OTHER HUMAN!" Papyrus said in his loud voice. I smiled and waved then looked to Frisk and did the same.

"What are you boys up to?" I asked while clutching my crossbody bag by the strap.

"FRISK AND I ARE TRYING TO CONVINCE SANS TO REVEAL HIS NEW UNIFORM." I looked all around yet saw no signs of a certain skeleton.

"Uh.. where is he?"

"Over here Y/N." I heard as Sans muttered from behind a corner just across the way.

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Come on out Sans!" I said trying to coerce him out of hiding.

"Absolutely not." He said in a firm tone. "This thing is ridiculous." I looked at Frisk and Papyrus who just shrugged their shoulders in defeat.

A smirk grew on my face as I came up with an idea. Speaking loudly so everyone could hear, "Well then I guess Frisk and Papyrus can eat these pastries I got from Muffet's bakery." Just as I said that the two had a twinkle in their eyes as they stared at the box I pulled out from my bag.

Sans poked his head around the corner and gave me the death stare. "Bribing me with baked goods? Really?"

"Is it working?" I joked.

"Nope." He said ducking his head back out of sight.

I sighed and sat on the wall next to Frisk and Papyrus while passing around the pastries. Frisk nearly devoured his in one sitting while Papyrus savored every bite.

"BROTHER YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON THESE WONDERFUL TREATS Y/N HAS GIVEN US!" Papyrus said with his mouth full. also trying his best to lure him out.

"I'll live!" He shouted from around the bend.

Alright, enough was enough. "Welp." I said hopping off the wall and dusting my hands of the powdered sugar residue that remained. "If you're not gonna come out here it looks like I'm just gonna have to come to you." I began to walk towards him until-

"Wait! Wait," an audible deep breath was heard. "Fine, you win." He said, finally giving up.
He turned the corner with blank eye sockets and an uneasy grin. Not exactly thrilled having to 'model' his new look. 

He wore an elaborate new uniform with striking black and white coloring, the fabric crossed in some places, giving off an 'x' appearance. All topped off with a cape in the back. I felt the heat rise to my cheeks. A tinge of blush almost blowing my cool. I tried my best to conceal it but found it quite difficult.

Sans looked up and caught me staring until Frisk suddenly threw himself into a laughing fit and nearly collapsed onto his side, gathering Sans' attention.

"What are you laughing at kid?" He said with a unamused tone.

"You look like a giant X with legs!" Frisk said as he pointed and laughed. I noticed as Sans pulled his fur lined hood down over his face due the embarrassment of having all eyes focused on him.