Chapter 5

Louis specifically dropped Cordelia at Gamateon with hopes his lady would be awake before his disappearance but  his hopes were let down when noon came and his lady was till unconscious.

" Son, why don't you wait till dawn? It isn't safe out there and the miss would be happy to see you when she wakes ". The nanny said grabbing my cloak.

" I have to. We shall meet at the land of demi-human when it's necessary ", I said mounting my horse.  " Keep my lady safe, I shall come for her ".

I was hurting myself by distancing from my lady but it's all I got to do. I whipped the horse when it begun to move slowly.

Getting to Gamateon, I met Harold with few guards at least I could realise Duncan and

Darius ?! I think there's more to this than I had thought. What does this mere cook has to do with Harold's plot?

I dismounted the horse as I got closer to the gate to get what they were discussing about.

" Who are you?". A gamet soldier asked but upon seeing Harold, he quickly shook hands with him. " Oh! It's my brother! Let him in ".

" And them ?". The second soldier asked pointing at Darius and Duncan.

" If they are with him, let them in ". He replied as the soldiers opened the gate for them.

" C'mon brother, I shall find the best inn for you and your friends ". The older soldier said walking in between Harold and Duncan.

" It's been long since I last saw home ", Harold said handing his swords to Darius.

I began to slowly follow them, although , Gamateon was a very crowdy place but I could clearly differentiate between the commoners and the knight. Though the difference was the sword.

They halted in front of a huge door as it swings open. I quickly got in with them as I hid behind the the wooden shelves.

" Oh Fellow soldiers of mine ! Let welcome our people ", He said lifting up his sword " for he has placed kripal's prince in our hand ", tapping Harold's shoulder  " your brother is proud of you ".

" Yaaaaa! ". They all made merriment as they drank to stupor.

" Take me to him ", pointing towards Duncan and Darius " offer them the best inn ". He said following the old man.

Pointing towards the hill, he said " over there! There is where he lives ".

It became much more confusing, should I take my lady far from here, report this to king Ephraim or just keep following Harold?

My lady's safety, my priority. For how long shall they stay.

I went back to the old Nanny's inn as she sat close to my lady doing some incantation.

" The kripal soldiers are here ". I announced making stop in her track, she knew what would become of her if Isabelle is found here.

" What shall we do?".

" You must look after my lady while I'll find where they would be heading next ".

" We must leave Gamateon as soon as possible, son ".

" You won't follow us, just pray the lady is safe ".

" If my queen is in your arms why then should her safety be my worry ".

     It soon became round that kripal soldiers has invaded Gamateon and are in search of their prisoner. Isabelle's poster was round the village.