Chapter 3: Guiding Star

"You're a monster!"

A tiny shrill voice rang throughout the huge mostly empty throne room. Aside from the majestic looking throne at one end of the room, the long black carpet that leads from the entrance to it, and the torches that did nothing to give warmth, the room is filled with nothing. There are two occupants inside, a girl with blonde hair in a pristine white dress, and a weird floating little creature who could talk like a normal person.

The eyes of the girl who sits on the throne dedicated solely towards the supreme leader of the abyssal realm glance to her side, eyeing the little creature that is being kept inside a small wooden cage. The creature's black eyes are glaring daggers towards the girl's eyes, who are dull golden full of disinterest in comparison to the creature's hatred filled eyes.

"Paimon can't believe Aether have someone like you as his sister!"

The tiny creature, Paimon, as she refers to herself. She is one of the many close companions that the world's famous Traveler has by his side. In fact, some would say she's the closest to him, and she has a special place by his side throughout his journey across the land. That is most of what the Princess has heard about her.

The war she wages against the surface world is not an easy one, made even harder with how the seven nations are now united together to fight against the dark forces of the Abyss Order, and the one responsible for uniting them? Is none other than the traveler himself.

The princess had expected for them reunited, once her dear older brother came to know about the truth of this world, but the exact opposite happen, once he learnt the truth, he came to oppose her instead, and thus it leave her with no choice. There's only one option left, war, mankind against the monsters of the abyss. Only a great catastrophe like that which rivals the greatness of both the Archon War and the Cataclysm could awaken the slumbering Heavenly Principles, and thus giving her the opportunity to rise up there to slay it, purging it out of existence for good.

Yet despite of knowing exactly the reasons behind her crimes, her stupid brother kept insisting on siding with mankind, viewing the cost behind the war she declared for the greater good to be too severe and would leave a permanent damage to the world of Tevyat as they know it. As such, he has become a thorn on her plan, one that keep preventing her from walking this path that she has chosen and would stray out of. He naively thought that there's still another way to save the world, that there's another way for them to achieve peace without all of these bloodshed, he still think her as his sister and that they still could be reunited once more... when they're not.

Too many sins she has committed throughout the centuries, too many blood had stained her hands, and too many corpses have piled up around her feet. For someone like her who has a seat in hell already prepared, she has every right to not call herself as his sister, every right to sever their bonds so that he would stop looking at her like she could still be saved, to make him stop looking at her with such sadness and regret in his eyes. She is sick of it, she is sick of the kindness he has for a sinner like her, she would rather have him hate her, dispise her, trying to kill her! Not saving her.

So she did everything she could to make sure that they could sever that bond, by taking away everything that he held dear. She murdered that girl who had fallen in love with him, she killed off many of his friends that she's aware he's having a close bond with, she burns down the cities he viewed as his home, and now... After many considerations and attempts, she got her hands on perhaps his most prized possession, his first and closest friend, his traveling companion, his... Family.

Now that she stole the little pixie away from him, perhaps his mind would change after she did something to her.

"Hey! Are you listening to Paimon?! Paimon is talking to you!"