• chapter four •

I pulled the phone away from my ear capping the speaker closed with my hand as Justin walked back into the kitchen.

"Who is that"? He asked sitting on a bar stool. Before I had time to answer he cut me off. "Maybe TMZ, or Selena, or maybe even Maria Yeater". He joked.

My eyes widened as I laughed obnoxiously. "Yeah". I said ending my uncontrollable giggles. He looked at me strangely walking away. He looked back in confusion but kept walking.

I took the phone and ran to the bathroom shutting the door. "Hello". I finally said back to Maria. "Why didn't you tell Justin it was me, I mean he should want to talk to me. I was the one carrying HIS child for 9 months straight". She said chuckling a little after wards.

"Too bad that's not Justin's child". I said jokingly. She sighed and giggled. "Wow, you just don't get it. I can't believe he has you this much blinded. Girl your under a trap". She said sarcastically.

I adjusted my voice to match her tone. "You don't even know me". I snickered back crossing my arms.

"Well let's see". She started. Great. "I know you enough to know you have been Justin's hidden bride for about 4 years now. The world thinks you've completely gone missing. You used to belong to a well off family. Two sisters, and no brothers. Father and Mother both lawyers. And they left you home a lot". She finished, then whispered. "So tell me again how I don't know you".

I looked at myself in the mirror pulling the phone away from my ear. Then back again. "Lucky guess". I said. "Anyone could have figured that out from the Internet". I said laughing.

"True, but guess what em. I didn't. Justin told me". I slammed open the door running outside to the pool area. We're Justin laid face up to the Sky.

"No. Justin would never tell you that". I said as Justin shot his head up. He was next to me right before I knew it.

"Let me talk to Justin". She said directly. But I was hesitant. "No". I declared. "He doesn't want to talk to you. Not now. Not ever".

I heard the phone on the other end role and tumble a few times before hearing "See you in court". Over the dead line.

I dropped the phone on a lawn chair as Justin grabbed me. "Listen, she can't drag us down Em. We'll find away to destroy her. Once and for good". He said tightly squeezing on my shoulder blades.

I brushed his arms off me turning around to face the pool. "That's not the point Justin". I said looking at the clear blue water.

"Then what is"? He asked stepping closer to me. I turned to face him cupping my hands around his face.

"She knows". I said staring into his hazel eyes. "Knows what"? He asked touching our foreheads together.

"About us". I said un-latching his grip from my body.

His mouth widened as he stumbled back. He looked at me pleading for a way out of this mess.

"Great". He said before storming inside.