Chapter 7

At dinner that night, everyone caught up with Uncle Reg, which is what he told me to call him. We also planned what I would do once I got to Hogwarts. At the end of dinner, I got thinking. "Percy, Nico, what are you two's creature inheritance's?"

Percy started "Well,  I am Heir to the House of Olympia, Heir to the House of Black, and Lord to the House of Jackson, a fairly recently established house, established by my mother. In terms of my creature inheritance, I am 50% Siren, 25% Pegasus, 25% Hypocampus, you wanna know my abilities, look 'em up, and I have met my mate, he knows it, but we don't want to rush something just because we are mates."

Then Nico said "I am also Heir to the House of Olympia, and Lord to the House of Di Angelo. I am 50% Thestral, 50% Demon. My mate situation is the same as Percy's."

"Nice to know, by the way, why did you not include the Ancient and Noble parts? I know for a fact that the Olympia and Di Angelo houses are both of those things." I said, curious to know.

Percy answered "Well, we don't feel like it's necessary. Every family blood line should be considered equal, no matter the blood status, unless someone in that family has done something terrible. Even then, don't judge family members for something someone else with their name has done."

"I see." I said. Everyone in the room had their eyes fixed on him. It made us realize something, that despite the fact that we dislike muggleborns because they practically erased old wizarding tradition and culture, we couldn't blame everyone who is, or is related to a muggleborn. Right then I decided something. I vowed to never discriminate again, and to give people a chance before judging them, and to always tell the truth to those deceived by Dumbledore before deciding how to judge them.

————————————————————————————————————

After dinner I went to talk to Dray. I started with a big breath-then "Dray, I was thinking about what Percy and Nico said about their mates and I thought it might be a good idea. I know we're meant to be, but I just got back to this life, and I know that it will happen in time, but we should let it happen on it's own timeline instead of forcing it." I looked him in the eyes, scared of what I might see. But then he surprised me.

"I agree. I have always loved you Ian, and I always will, but I agree with you that we shouldn't force it."

"Thank you Dray." I breathed out in relief.

"No problem, it's the smart thing to do. Now we should go to bed, it's getting late, good night, Hadrian."

"Good night, Dray." as he left, I felt sad, but I knew that we would be back together in time. He is still my best friend, after all.