the one with outta their minds parents

Chapter One :

THE ONE WITH OUTTA THEIR MINDS PARENTS!

Onika Maraj smiles as she looked over at her image through the small compact handheld mirror in her hand as her driver Clovis brought her closer to her destination. She was meeting her parents at the L'imier restaurant, one of the top 5 stars restaurant for the riches. She knew if her parents were asking her to meet them here then it must be good news. Since Onika was little her parents had always taken her out to some place fancy before delivering her with good news being the spoiled princess that she was. Yes she was aware she was spoiled and she wore that title with pride! Not many were as fortunate so why should she be ashamed of what many wishes to have?

Anyways, here she was, excited beyond imagination. Wondering what the big news could be. She thought maybe her brother Dwayne was about to tell them he was going to be a father with his wife Gabi however her parents had specifically told her it was just the three of them making Onika's curiosity get the better of her.

"We have arrived Miss Maraj"

Onika snapped out of her thoughts at the voice of Clovis, her personal driver and she quickly put away her hand mirror, composed herself before getting out but not before throwing a thank you to Clovis who responded with a kind smile. He was an elderly but not really old man with a kind face. He has been driving Onika since she could remember, from the moment she was allowed to ride alone without her parents present.

Onika walked swiftly toward the restaurant's entrance, her step calculated and precise. She wore a beautiful black dress which hugged her all in the right places accompanied with gold heels, her hair was curled to perfection, makeup just enough to bring out her beautiful features. As she walked both men and women stared at her in hunger, it didn't help the way that outfit hugged her figure and curves. It was not arrogance but Onika knew she was too darn beautiful.

"Onika Maraj—" just as she began to speak, the valet woman interrupted her gently already knowing who she was. If not from the many magazines features she was flashed on at every stands then on tv when vogue did 50 questions on her parents and many other appearances.

"Good evening Miss Maraj, your table for six is this way"

The olive skinned woman spoke with a friendly smile. Her eyes shamelessly ranking up Onika's body but the owner was too busy to notice as she was struck by 'table for six.'

Six? I thought I was meeting my parents alone?

As she wondered about the other three occupants, the valet who's name was Annalise had already brought her to the table and Onika frown at seeing just who was joining their evening.

Matthew and Tina Knowles. Old friends of her parents and the Maraj's newly formed business partners. The two companies had finally gone public with their merge and already stakeholders from different companies are looking to join as both business have tripled in their revenues. There was never a doubt to anyone that these two family were the most powerful and richest, now combined together? Unstoppable.

"Hi baby" Carol Maraj, the woman Onika loves more than anyone in this world got up from her chair and hugged her daughter tightly, a bright giddy smile on her face however with the number of years that Onika has known her mother, she could detect a slight tinge to that giddiness as she hugged her back.

"I hope your journey was fine" Carol continues as she pulled Onika with her toward one of the two empty chairs and Onika eyed it suspiciously before moving said suspicious eyes toward her mother then the other adults on the table