Chapter 12 - Safety

Another painful groan echoed through the large suite Katakuri and you shared. Thin droplets of sweat trickled down your body that had been panting from exhaustion for a while now as you pressed your face into the pillow in front of you, your trembling fingers sunken deeply into it as you grabbed on to it for dear life.

"Just...a little...more," your voice left your body in a breathy whine, your vocal cords too tired from the draining physical activities you had been partaking in during the past half hour.

Fear, pain, but most importantly, excitement swirled around the air that had gotten thick from your pants. The faint smell of your morning coffee still lingered somewhere between the heavy emotions that had surrounded you, mixing with the smell of your sweat and the sweetness of Katakuri's cologne.

"Y-yes, just stay like that" a soft plea escaped you, your face already buried in the pillow again and muffling yet another cry into the soft fabric as your hands travelled above your head to clutch on the edge of the pillow. However, your knees had weakened from exhaustion, resulting in your body jolting in an unexpected direction and drawing a painful cry from your lungs as you felt the tips of your fingers pulsate in pain.

"No, please, I was so close..."

"What are you doing?" Brûlée suddenly intercepted behind you, making you turn around on the ladder you were standing on and sending the large pillow to descend to the floor.

Your simultaneously confused and pained stare met Brûlée's confused one as she slowly climbed out of the mirror, her long white coat brushing along your vanity in the process and sending the objects on it to scatter across it to the floor.

The tall woman carefully eyed you, her piercing golden orbs following your body as you climbed down the ladder, nail and hammer in your hands before you jumped down the remaining steps. A long sigh pushed past your lips as you set your utensils on one of the steps before an exhausted hand wiped the sweaty proof of your physical labours off your forehead.

"I wanted to nail a pillow to the wall so Katakuri can sleep at least somewhat normal," you said as you turned around to face Brûlée, your feet already in motion to carry your body over to the lounge table and grab the water bottle that had been sitting on there.

It was true, Katakuri's sleeping habits still irked you a little. There was no way this man was getting a good night's sleep in a position like that. Huddled up in the comfy blankets of your bed, you watched Katakuri's profile every night, his body leaned against the wall to your left across the room, and although he never seemed to mind his sleeping position, you did. 

Was it guilt that you had enjoyed such a comfortable bed for yourself while his feet must have been screaming from exhaustion, or was it genuine care that made you doubt the level or relaxation this position came with? You weren't sure. You just knew that with each night it became increasingly more frustrating to watch him.

So, you came up with the plan to sneak off during one of his Meriendas and nail a pillow to the wall. At least it would provide Mr. Perfect 'Has never laid down in his life' with some comfort. That's what you hoped for at least.

And so, for the past half hour you tried to nail an abnormally large pillow to the wall where you had watched Katakuri sleep against for the past two weeks. However, in your mind your entire mission was executed much more easily and efficiently.

In reality...not so much.

The first hurdle was getting up to where Katakuri's head would usually lie. Considering that man was three times your size, more or less, that simple task proved to be difficult on its own. However, smart as you were, you had found a ladder and carried it all the way to the suite.