Chapter 19 - Ash & Aurora

The tell tale sound of keys jiggling around in the front door has me instantly brought down from my unexpected high and brutally yanking up my sweatpants in such force a sharp pain surges through my back. Aurora smooths down her blonde hair and wipes her eyes free of tears from our previous encounter.

The front door swings open revealing two cheeky little faces. That I am both glad and not glad to see.

"Mummy! Daddy!" Nico and Ariella yell as they run into our open arms.

Flora looks in between me and Aurora with a smirk plastered across her features,  as her eyes roam my naked chest and Auroras blushed cheeks.  Flora takes a deep breath,  parts her lips as if to say something before Ariella's sassy voice fills the silence. 

"Mummy... you have some cream on your face." She giggles while pointing to where the cream is. 

Aurora's eyes widen as she wipes the cream with her finger,  popping it in her mouth and smiling down at Ariella. 

"It's only mummy's breakfast sweetie." I say with a grin. 

"Hmm yeah it's definitely not -"

"Flora!"  Aurora giggles.

"Is it?!" Flora whispers with the biggest smile I have ever seen that woman smile.

Aurora avoids all eye contact with her best friend for a short while until she nods her head. A chuckle echoes from my throat as I come to realise what the girls are talking about.

"Did it taste nice mummy?" Nico asks.

We all burst out in laughter as Auroras face turns into a cherry tomato.

"Urm yes honey." She says with her hands covering her face.

"That's good" Nico responds before running off to his bedroom to play. Ariella follows him shortly afterwards, leaving only the adults to chat.

I flick the kettle on to make Aurora her favourite peppermint tea, which I always think tastes like toothpaste.  *god I sound like Zade fucking Meadows*  Whereas, Flora takes a swig of  water from the bottle she always keeps in her handbag.   

"Isn't that warm Flor?"  Aurora asks as Flora grimaces at the taste of her water. 

"Yep."  She says with a disgusted expressions.

I chuckle as I place Auroras tea next to her, giving her arm a light rub as I place the mug down on a placemat.  I stand rubbing Aurora's  arm as they chat away about the twins and other girlie stuff, until I am hushed away by my daughter. 

—————————————————————-

Aurora

I stand in the doorway waving a bittersweet goodbye to my best friend as she returns home to pack for her holiday with her boyfriend, who I didn't expect her to couple up with. 

After closing and locking the door.  I place my mug carefully in the dishwasher, placing the pod in its designated spot and finally turning the power. The water system begins flowing as I cuddle myself in the sofa with my Kindle. Just as I am about to pin the code in Ariella comes running into the living room shouting me.

"Mummy! Mummy!" She yells with a smile. 

"Yes sweetie." I say looking down at her Tinkerbell costume that we brought her for Halloween last year.

"Come play tea party." She says while pulling on my arm in pure excitement.

"Okay, lead the way." I say as she drags me to her and Nico's shared room. The bedroom is painted in white tones with pops of colour from the twins bedding and toys scattered across the carpet.

"Where's daddy?" I ask as I reach the entrance of her side of the room.

"You mean princess daddy." She corrects with a stern expression and a pointed finger. 

My jaw drops as I witness my husband crouched into a tiny pink chair, wearing a neon pink sparkle skirt and a random arrangement of floral clips in his hair. I take a closer look at Ashes now sparkly lips and eyes, hoping that she hasn't messed with my makeup. 

"Is that mummy's makeup?" I ask trying to hold back my laughter as Nico walks in the room, also wearing a sparkly outfit and makeup.

"Yes mummy, sorry, she wanted to feel pretty." She says with a pout.

"No it's perfect." I credit as I look over my husband and my son, with a smile. Nico looks pretty happy to be a part of this "tea party." Whereas Ash death glares me from his tiny little pink "throne". This singular look causes me to burst out in a series of laughter, shaking my shoulders as my laughter deepens due to Ashes ever changing facial expressions. I cover my face to try and hide my laughter from Ariella, as she bosses the boys around to make her tea and cupcakes. * As Ash would say - that's my girl*