Chapter 7

I entered the small room that I would be sleeping in. There were five compartments in the ground, all surrounding a single circular lamp. I climbed into my compartment and laid my head on the pillow as the other four that shared a room with me did the same. A small glass barrier slid over the small compartment and all the lights shut out, and I felt myself drift off to sleep.

-x-

The glass barrier slid open as I felt myself regaining consciousness. I stood up and exited the compartment, heading towards the main lobby. A boy with a black and red plaid jacket and caramel brown hair walked up to me.

"Good morning, Adam."

"Good morning, Mitch." I said, his name suddenly popping into my head.

"I'm going for a swim, would you like to join me?"

"I think I'll join you. I do 30 laps every day so I can be the best I can me." I smile and he returns the smile. Both of us walk to the pool and take off our clothing, putting on bathing suits and laying towels on the towel rack outside the pool so we can get dry after our swim.

-x-

A woman notifies us that it's time to go to lunch, and I change back into my clothing and head to the cafeteria with Mitch and some other people join us.

"What are we having for lunch?" I ask.

"Turkey and Swiss sandwiches, with lettuce and tomato on white bread."

"I like lettuce." I say.

"So do I." Chimes in a boy with brown bangs over one of his eyes, Ty.

"Vitamin A and Potassium are found in lettuce." Jerome says.

"Potassium is also in bananas." Someone else states. I sit down at a table with the turkey and swiss sandwich with lettuce and tomato on white bread and take a bite. A boy with bleached blonde hair walks up to me.

"Hello Adam."

"Hello Brian."

"May I sit with you?"

"Of course." Brian sits down and I take another bite of my sandwich. "These sandwiches are tasty.

"Yes they are." Brian agrees and takes a bite of his own sandwich. I look around and see other people eating, chatting happily and laughing.

My gaze is turned to a small glass compartment in the wall, overlooking the facility. The main person in charge, John, is yelling at Seto and shoving him. Seto cowers and says something in return, which just seems to anger John even more.

"What are they doing?" Brian asks and our gazes meet.

"They're yelling at each other."

"Why?"

"I don't know." I look back at the glass box and Seto's working on the chair I woke up in with a screwdriver while John continues to yell at him.