Chapter 5

I screamed and dropped the knife.

"Rune! What's going on in there?" My breathing quickened as the blood from the knife splashed onto the floor.

"I...I..."

"Rune!" I breathed in deeply and looked away from the knife.

"I'm fine. Sorry about that." I heard a disapproving grunt from the headset. I glanced back down at the knife, shuddering.

"I found the murder weapon." I said.

"Great. Can you trace for fingerprints?"

"I can try." I took a pair of gloves out of my suit pocket and a fingerprint kit and did the stuff with the fingerprint.

"I got a print." I said into the headset.

"Good. Come back outside, but sneak out. Don't let yourself be seen." I opened the back door and went out, shutting it behind me. A hand covered my mouth and held me to the wall. I tried to escape, but they had a strong grip.

"Give me the fingerprint sample." A man said.

"Rune? You OK?" Dakota asked. I reached for my gun but realized it had fallen out of its holster at some point. I grabbed a fingerprint tray and handed it to the man. He chucked it somewhere in the distance and let go of my mouth.

"If you tell anyone, I will hunt you down." He left and I made my way to the front of the building and it hit me.

"If you tell anyone, I will hunt you down." It's a hauntingly familiar voice. One I'd never forget.

"You underestimate what I can do with this blunt knife."

"Please don't let me die here!" I pleaded. The man chuckled, twiddling his knife between his thumb and forefinger.

"Well, where do you want to be murdered?"