Chapter 3

I take another bite of my pancakes and smile, listening to Jerome and Mitch talk.

"Listening to you makes me happy." I said. Just then, a man with curly black hair and a suit walks up to me.

"Adam, would you like a treatment?" Dakota asks.

"I would like that." I say, standing up. Dakota leads me to the same room I woke up in and I sit down in the chair, overhearing a little of what Dakota says to Seto.

"The client wants him to be imprinted like a cop. All the good qualities of a cop."

"Are you sure Adam can handle this?"

"He'll be fine." Just then, the chair begins to lean backwards and I blink.

"This May sting a bit." Seto informs me.

When I was little, I was kidnapped and used for ransom. I belonged to a very rich family. Before the transaction happened, I was told to keep quiet and nothing would happen. My parents handed the man in the mask his money and he shot them both. I screamed and was shoved back into the car. After a while, the man in the mask counted up his money and he shot all three of his accomplices, taking me and the money with him to somewhere strange.

I was being lifted up in a chair and I couldn't see.

"Where are my glasses?" I asked sharply. A man handed me my glasses and I put them on.

"Good morning, Rune."