Chapter 1: Offer....

Walden is sitting in his office chair. He has moved the normal stack of papers on his desk into his assistant's office. Neighbor didn't mind as they had already finished their work for today and they always jumped at the chance to help out their overworking boss. "Alright Julie I am ready to receive our guest, send him in." He says into the intercom that is on his desk and that is besides his computer. "Yeah, sending him up now." Julie replies. He lets out a sigh as he leans back into his office chair. She has always been this cold after the divorce. He looks up at his office door as he takes a sip from the coffee mug he was holding in his prosthetic arm. The man walks into his office, he is wearing a casual business outfit. Walden sets his coffee cup down on his desk as he stands up from his chair and holds his normal hand out for the man to shake. "Good afternoon." He says as the man shakes his hand. "I'd take it you're the man I spoke to on the phone?" The man nods. "Pleasure to meet you, have a seat, and make yourself comfortable." Walden says as he sits back down in his chair. The other man sits on the chair infront of Walden's desk. Walden clears his throat. "So over the phone you are saying something about a business deal and that you are willing to pay me a handsome amount if I was willing to sell it to you." Walden says as if he was just making sure he heard it correctly. The man nods with a smile on his face which is a bit unsettingly to a normal person but Walden just shrugs it off. He lets out a hum. 

"What is this valuable possession of mine that you have your eye on exactly?" Walden asks while having a hand on his desk and laying his head on his other hand. The male fixes his tie as he says "I want your assistant." Walden raises a eyebrow. "Is that so?" He tits his head in his hand. "Well I do admit they're incredibly skilled. Neighbor is one of the finest employees this factory has seen in a decade that is precisely why I took them on as my assistant in the first place." Walden was looking to the side. He looked back at the businessman infront of him. "However I'm afraid I must decline this offer I have no shortage of test subjects and experiments I'd be willing to offer in exchange as well as a few subpar production workers who might have some use for but my assistant is not for sale." He has a cold look on his face as his lips slightly frown at the man. The man clears his throat. "I will offer a billion." Walden's eyes widen. "You're offering how much?!" He looks down at his desk before looking up at him. "A billion with a B." He mumbles as he makes eye contact with the man infront of him. The man has a smile on his face as he seems to think Walden will take this offer.