chapter 3

- "excusez moi, vous avez choisi ?" The young woman had turned around. "Carina?!" Taryn asked in surprise. She had looked in Maya's direction and the Italian had followed her gaze, as the American's smile faded.

-----

The brunette had looked at the blonde with a slight frown, then at Taryn.

- "what?"

- "no, uh no nothing. You, you chose?"

- "babe what do you want?"

- "get me a despe"

- "uh, a desperado and for me... A piña colada, please."

Despite herself, Maya couldn't help staring at Carina's long legs.
Okay, without her glasses and those awful pants, the Italian really didn't look bad. But being fooled like that made her hate the brunette even more.

Taryn had prepared the drinks and Carina and Jessica had left to join a table of the Frenchwoman's friends a little further on.

-"So, since it was Carina, do I owe you twenty euros or do you owe me twenty euros? Because, well, it was Carina, but at the same time, I'll give you that she was much more beautiful than usual" asked Taryn mockingly.

-"stop, when she turned around I felt like throwing up".

- " throwing up, really ?!" Aren't you coming on a little strong?"

- "I don't think so"

- "you didn't look like you were going to throw up when your eyes looked at her buttocks and legs"

- "anyone can get laid with a bag over her head, even her weirdo chick."

- "you're infinitely kind"

- "I know... But either way, I'm out. I think I need to clean my mouth and eyes out with bleach, for daring to look at her and say she was sexy and all."

- "hey, she is"

- "what, once a year, when she takes off her witch outfit?"

- "I don't mind looking like her even when she's wearing 'her witch outfit'."

- "You're perfect just the way you are. I prefer you."

- "why aren't you nice like that to everyone?"

- "because you're my favorite"

Maya had come home and the apartment was empty. She'd gone to the fridge and seen that there was still some of the Italian girl's tiramisù left over.

She'd checked that no one was around, grabbed a ramekin, then fetched a teaspoon. She removed the cellophane from the pot, put some cocoa on it and headed for her room. She dipped her spoon in and brought the dessert to her lips.

"hummm, okay fuck, she's talented"

The blonde had gone to her room and turned on the TV while eating the tiramisù.

She'd eventually turned off the TV, finding nothing interesting, and picked up a book. She loved reading, but it was a bit of a secret, and she didn't like people knowing that about her.

She was reading when she heard people coming in.
She got up and, without making a sound, went to put her ear to the door.

-"I love it so much, seeing you in a dress..."

- "ah, yes?"

- "you're so, so fucking hot..."

- "you're going to love, even more, what's, under, there..." Clearly it was Carina and Jessica, but they didn't seem to know anyone was there.