Chapter 4

What was he thinking? Just grabbing her and kissing her in the elevator? They were all on their way towards the studio to rehearse, and she had chosen the seat farthest from him. He had no idea what happened. He just wanted to kiss her so bad. When she had brought him the strawberry he had started falling, he realized. She was beautiful, yet complicated. She seemed to need something that no one but he could provide. Was he right or was that just his ego talking? He'd never had a big ego.

He zoned back in to find her laughing. The sound was so light, yet it was a real laugh, he not only heard it, he felt it. The reason behind her laughing was Harry. This was the second time Harry had tried charming Cinder, and Niall just didn't like it at all. He hoped Harry was just being friendly.

"Niall, you seem upset." He looked at Louis and frowned. "I think I might be interested in Cinder, but with her being a princess, and the whole Romani only chose once thing I need time to think, and time to test the waters." Louis looked over at her and Harry, understanding completely. With a wink, he began crying. Everyone grew quiet. Liam was the one to finally speak.

"What's wrong Lu?" Lu glared and pointed at Harry. "Harry is trying to cheat on me with Cinder!!!" Niall busted out laughing, and Louis hopped over, picking up Cinder and placing her next to Niall, then sitting down next to Harry, grabbing him.

"Harry is mine and I do NOT share." Cinder laughed, and everyone else did too. He looked at her, liking how her blue shirt brought out her eyes. Those beautiful eyes, he wanted to know how they looked when she was in love, when she was happy. Then, he thought of something. Speaking very loudly, he asked her a question most of the guys had wondered last night.

"How many people know you are a Princess?" She glance at him quickly, then looked away.

"Each girl was tested for a year, and then trusted with my secret and watched. We used to have 14 girls, but a pair of twins attempted to sell my secret. Thankfully it was to my own people who had played the part of the bad guy to lure them away." All of the girls reached and either pulled their sleeves up or down to reveal their right shoulder. In the middle, there was a small tattoo, of a C and an S linked together.

"When they graduate probation so to speak, they receive a mark that shows my servants that they are my people as well. That's why the restaurant was such an outrage. Ashlyn bared her shoulder and the girl just called her a freak. It was a disaster. She should have known the mark immediately." They nodded their heads, now understanding. The girls covered up, and soon they arrived at the studio. They all piled out, Liam and Harry leading the way into the ballet studio room. Liam took the lead.

"Ok girls, this is your new practice room. We expect you to be here every day for at least 4 hours but if you want, it can be more. You all know how much work it takes, and I sincerely hope you succeed. It will be an honor working with you. For now, please enjoy the room while me and my bandmates go talk to some people and settle unfinished business." All the girls started talking, and the guys walked out unnoticed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys left the room, Cinder's eyes never leaving Liam. What had he meant by business? She was going to find out. She excused herself from the group, giving Ashlyn command and followed them out. She looked up and sure enough there was movable tile. She made sure no one was watching, then climbed up the wall and into the roof. She found the beams sturdy enough as she moved the tile back into place, then activated her night vision and X-ray vision. She could only use it once every few months because it drained her energy and brought forth the succubus part of her. There wasn't enough room, so she shape shifted into a cat. She followed as they walked on towards the elevator, and she quickly took action, moving through wires and into the vent that led to the elevator cavity. She landed on top of the elevator without a sound, and sat down, bracing herself. She could hear them talking about her.