Chapter 2

She woke up curled up in someone's lap, fingers running softly through her hair. She raised her head and blushed when she realized it was Niall and her memories came rushing back.

"Um Niall, why am I in your lap?" He smiled, holding her close and squeezing her tight.

"The others were a bit crammed and it created more room I hope you don't mind." She shook her head no, and waited for the limo to completely stop before getting out. The farther away from him she got, the better. She felt a tug on her hand, and turned to find Lacey, the youngest of them at 12 summers.

"It's ok malyutka, I'm right here. You can sit next to me while we eat." Lacey's butterfly was girly and childish, not detailed like the others, and it said a lot about Lacey. She was simple and sweet.

Lacey nodded, looking a little less nervous. They walked through the crowd, finding everyone waiting. She saw Niall and walked toward him.

"Niall, this is Lacey. Shes the youngest, our little baby. Would you watch her while I go ask Ashlyn whats up?" She handed Lacey's hand to Niall, and she smiled at him.

"It would be my pleasure. Hello Lacey." She walked away towards Ashlyn, who looked distressed.

"Ashlyn whats wrong?" She took Ashlyn's hand and used her powers to sooth her soul. This place belonged to one of her servants, and if they couldn't remember her orders than she needed to remind them.

"The girl I talked to was rude, accusing me of lying and said she won't serve us." She sat Ashlyn down and turned, not wanting her to see the anger in her eyes.

Slowly she confronted the girl.

"Excuse me. I need the back booth and a table for 16." The girl turned around and her smile turned into a frown.

"Look I already told your friend that we don't serve freaks. So get the fuck out." Cinder didn't understand. She was a good princess, always kind when she could be. She guessed she was being too nice. She laughed, and walked around the little booth to stand in front of her.

"You want to see a freak? I'll show you a freak." She grabbed the girl by the throat, picking her up till her feet barely grazed the floor. Then she walked slowly to the wall, putting the girl against it. Everyone saw, and she refused to turn and look at Niall for fear of seeing the look on his face.

"Now, what about that table in the back booth?" Just as the girl was about to pass out from lack of oxygen she let go, and the girl fell to the ground. One of the other waitresses came up and was about to start yelling until she saw Cinder's face. She dropped to the ground in front of Cinder and bowed touching her forehead to the floor.

"Princess! I'm so sorry! Please excuse her, she is new and she doesn't understand our customs. We will have her fired immediately." She got up from the ground, grabbing a huge bundle of menus and snapping for to waiters to grab the silver wear.

"Please, Princess, follow us. Your table will be prepared right away." The woman rounded up all of the girls and the boys, leading them towards the back. Cinder was in front, and every worker they passed bowed to her. She wanted to run and hide, but nothing could hide her true identity to them, her servants.

Once everyone was seated, they all received menus but her, and the owner was soon by her side.

"Princess, I hope you enjoy your meal here, and please excuse the unfortunate problems from earlier." She looked at him, and he bowed.

"Don't worry about the girl. She may keep her job, so long as it doesn't happen again. Im sure she won't forget my lesson." He bowed again and disappeared, leaving her to explain.