Chapter 4: Riposte and Grey Wolf's Surprise

Connor POV

"Remind me why I'm doing this again?" I asked as I pulled on my fencing suit.

"I figured that you'd want to impress Mei." Adrien said as he handed me the sabre. "Also, it helps with your form."

"Yeah. Ok. But, why is Isabella here? Not that I'm complaining." I responded as Isabella put on her fencing uniform.

"Well-." Adrien said as his cheeks turned red.

"Was this an excuse to see Lady Isabella struggle to get her bosom in the fencing gear?" Plagg asks.

The blonde blushes a deep shade of red, "N-No! I convinced her to give fencing a chance by trying out."

"So you can get wet dreams about her at night?" I asked.

"Connor!" Adrien protrested.

"Ah, and when she gets in, she'll be in an even tighter uniform and her bosom will be more prominent. Good thinking!" Plagg teased.

"Good grief." Alpha sighed.

"You are such a pervert." Adrien pokes Plagg back into his bag while Alpha slipped into my jacket before walking over to Isabella, who was now trying on fencing helmets, "You've got this, Isabella. There's no need to be nervous. We've been reviewing the rules and terms for fencing. It'll show Mr. D'Argencourt that you are dedicated."  

"That's what I'm counting on." Isabella puts a helmet over her face, "How do I look? Ready for battle?"

Adrien nodded as I adjusted my visor.

We walked down the hall until we reached the sports hall. Standing side to side, the fencing team (and me) stand opposite with another line of students.

"I am the fencing master, Mr. D'Argencourt. As I'm sure you're aware, we have only one open spot on the team this year." Our P.E. teacher announced.

I noticed that one of them was looking around.

"Where's Adrien?"

God damn it, Marinette.

"So, in order to select the best possible candidate, I will observe the beginners performing a number of attacks on the experienced students." He said and gestured to a student and myself.

"Get into positions." He called.

As I got ready, I bumped into someone.

"Sorry. I'm looking for Connor. He's about this tall, has black hair, handsome features." The person said.

Mei.

"AW, you think I'm handsome?" I teased.

Mei got flustered and covered her cheeks.

"Who's your partner?" She asked after calming down.

I pointed to Oscar, who was smuggly flexing in front of the girls while Francis sighed with irritation.

"Well, mine's Francis. Good luck." Mei told me.

"You too." I replied and stood in front of Oscar, who unsheathed his sabre and started swinging it around like an idiot.

"You know how to use that thing?" I asked.

"Yeah. The pointy end goes into you." He replied arrogantly.  

Oh boy.

I got into stance and prepared myself. Oscar lunged forward, swing his sabre like a bat while I parried the attacks until I saw an opening and jabbed the sabre at his chest.