Chapter 15

Penny slammed her bedroom door shut behind her, slid down to the floor and curled her knees up to her chest. Tears appear in the corner of her eyes and Penny sobbed. She cried. A knock was heard and Penny sniffed.

"Go away Adonis." She said.

"Penny please. What's wrong? Why can't you be my girlfriend?" Adonis asked and Penny heard him sit down on the other side.

"I can't do it anymore. I can't hide my other half from someone I like." Penny muttered and wiped at her tears.

"Whatever your other half is I will love. And I'll love your scars. No matter how bad they are." Adonis said.

Penny laughed without any humour. "Oh yeah? My other half is a monster. I'm a monster. I hurt people."

"Not everyone is a monster Penny. Some monsters are people. Some monsters are monsters. Some people are people. And some are monsters. Know what category you are under?" He waited for an answer.

"Let me guess? A monster?" Penny asked.

"No. You're a person. You've got a heart."

"It won't beat once I become my other half. Now go away. I don't want to hurt you."

"I'm not leaving you. I never will. Until I have to go back." Shuffling was heard on the other side.

"What's Penny doing this time?" Elise asked on the other side of the door.

"Who are you?" Adonis asked.

"Penny's favourite sister." Elise said. "Want a lollipop?"

"No?" Adonis sounded confused.

"Good. Cause I ain't giving you one." Elise walked to the door. "Penny?"

"What?" Penny asked and winced at how rude she sounded.

"What's wrong?" Elise asked in vampiric.

"Adonis asked me to be his girlfriend. I can't." Penny replied in vampiric.

"Coward." Elise said and sucked on her lollipop.

"Oh shut up. I'm a... That. I'm that. He's a vampire hunter." Penny said in vampiric.

"Like I said, coward." Elise sat down. "Just tell him what you are."

"And have him kill me?" Penny raised her eyebrows.

"You're gonna get married to him in ten years, maybe. So tell him." Elise licked her lollipop. "He's already in love with you."

Penny rolled her eyes and looked at the wall.

"You're a coward." Elise said, switching to the common language.

"Shut up Elise."

"Just because Colt hurt you doesn't mean you have to reject Adonis." Elise sad. "But you're just a coward."

"And you're a bitch." Penny muttered.

"Well I was raised by my mother." Elise said.

"You're lucky mum's in therapy. She would've grounded you."

"How could she ground me? I'm still grounded." Elise said in a smug tone.

"I wouldn't be smug Eli."

"I'm not leaving Penny. I fell for you and I'll make sure you see that you're an amazing person." Adonis said.

Penny laughed quietly. "Whatever you say Adonis."

They fell into an uncomfortable silence. Eventually, the sun set and Penny could smell dinner cooking. She could hear her mother rushing around the kitchen, banging pots and pans and slamming cupboard doors shut.

"What is your other half?" Adonis asked.

"Can't tell you." Penny muttered.

Adonis sighed and they went back to being silent. Penny used her  telepathic abilities to listen to Adonis's thoughts.

Whatever her other side is must be very bad.

Could she be a Vampire? Or a werewolf? Or a siren? Or... Or... Oh I don't know. An elf?

I'm gonna prove that I love her. No matter what.

Penny smiled at the last one, this time with her fangs showing. Her smile was sad. It held years of pain and heart ache. She heard Adonis stand up.

"I'm gonna prove to you that I love you." He declared.

Penny scoffed. "And how are you gonna do that?" She asked.

"Um. I... I'm... I'm going to find the Arien Lily." He sounded proud.

Penny raised an eyebrow. "Nobody has found it. They say that only the truest love can find it." She turned her head slightly.

"How about this: I find the Arien Lily and you tell me what your other half is." Adonis said.

Penny bit her lip gently and frowned. "We'll see."

"Yes! I won't let you down. I promise." Adonis ran away.

"Yo." A voice said casually and Penny jumped. She looked up and saw Alpha.

"Careful. I'm sure the C&C have found out you've escaped your prison." Penny hissed.

Alpha shrugged. "They already know. But because of my dislike for children they won't find out that Elise is our host until she's fifteen."

"Isn't she meant to be eighteen or seventeen before the family finds out?" Penny tilted her head.

Alpha shrugged. "I dunno. I forgot the age. But anyway. Nah. As soon as she hits fifteen years old the family will find out. Whoever is marrying your mother will find out. Talking about marriage and your mother. Any idea who's gonna marry Reflection?"

Penny shook her head. "The future is as clear as a foggy mirror."

Alpha smiled. "You're not a monster." She said.

"I feel like one. After all, aren't vampires monsters?"

Alpha shook her head. "Don't just slap a label on yourself. Or assume that your vampire side is bad. I've met vegetarian vampires."

Penny made a face. "Vegetarian vampires?" She said in a disbelieving tone.

"Yeah. Vamps that eat animal blood."

"That's possible?"

"Well. Sorta. But they've got half the energy then usual vampires and they're paler than usual. But since you're the most powerful vampire ever that might not happen to you." Alpha looked at her fingernails.

"Huh." Penny turned her head to look at the corner.

"You should have said yes to being his girlfriend."

Penny laughed without any humour. "And end up either scaring him or hurting him? Yeah Nah."

Alpha sighed and sat down on Penny's bed. The two sat there in silence, neither speaking.