Chapter 2-Back to work

It's been a few days since the return of team RWBY and Jaune, the team has integrated into the helping efforts around town, helping the refugees. Ruby uses crescent rose to help cut some wood for an elderly woman for her fire.Yang holds a cart up as Blake starts screwing on a missing wheel. Winter creates some ice using her maiden powers and Weiss starts distributing it with help of her knight summon.

"Thank you for thew help young lady" the old woman looks at Ruby and smiles, Ruby smiles back and waves her off like saying it's no problem.

"Yea I really appreciate the help here too with the wagon ladies, my son loves riding in this thing" a man in his early 30S says to Blake and Yang. 

"Happy to help sir" Yang says cheerfully as Blake finishes the wheel then Yang sets the cart down.

Winter's powers deactivate and she floats down to the ground "The deserts are scolding hot during the day so this should be enough ice to last for at least a day or two"

Weiss hands one last metal bucket of ice to two women and then runs up to her sister, both smiling at each other then surprisingly Winter hugs Weiss

"Im just so happy your back Weiss" Winter speaks softly and teary eyed

Sitting on a nearby bench Willow watches her daughters and everyone else working hard to help

"Not gonna lie I do miss Atlas but we are making this work, as long as we stay positive the grimm wont come" Willow speaks and turns her head to Qrow who is sitting by her.

"Yea well I know a certain group of kids who are the most positive people I have ever met" Qrow chuckles and looks at Ruby who is now playing with a small grey and black puppy.

Meanwhile outside the city in the desert a figure dressed in a black robe watches the town in anger, they take their hood off revealing the figure to be Cinder fall.

"This should be easy, causing some chaos so the grimm of the desert can ravage the place, child's play" Cinder smirks and starts to walk to the village.