Chapter 3: Investigating, who is behind this?

Ruby, and Qrow stand in an alleyway looking at a burned wooden wagon as an old woman is sitting nearby with a big pout on her face. "I don't understand why it just caught fire while I was asleep, I mean who would burn an empty wagon?" the woman looks up at Ruby.

"You're sure you didn't see anything last night? you didn't wake up and see who did this? Qrow asks as he looks at the burnt remains of the wagon.

The woman looks at Qrow then back to the burnt wagon "I did wake up and all I saw was a cloaked black figure, I was too tired to get up and follow her. I had a long day going around town handing out supplies yesterday and with no wagon I can't do it today"

Qrow smiles then looks at Ruby "Don't worry about it miss we can help anyway we can."

The old woman thanks the two then walks away. Qrow bends down on his knees to meet Ruby who is also on her knees inspecting the cart's remains "Welp that's no leads still, It's been a few days and these weird incidents keep happening around town"

Ruby pouts examining the remains "I just don't get it uncle Qrow, I know the desert gets hot but not enough to burn the wood, also nights get cold not hot, it just doesn't make sense to me at all"

Ruby and Qrow stand up and are about to walk away when she notices a small pile of glass on the ground by the wagon, she walks over to it and kneels down again taking a closer look then picks it up in her hands "I recognize this  it reminds me of something" Ruby pauses trying to remember before shrugging and walking away with Qrow.

Over the next three nights incidents like this keep happening, wagons burn mysteriously, supplies are smashed like bugs on the ground,and now even worse some people are being impaled and slashed by a mysterious robed figure while they sleep at night, the figure is extremely fast so no one gets a look at her.