Chapter 5: A Comforting Visitor

Adrien immediately swung the window open and the figure hopped in. It was her alright.

"L-Ladybug!" Adrien stammered.

The boy hardly knew how to talk to the superhero without acting like how Cat Noir would act. Then again, Nino has embarrassed him at least once or twice about his crush for Ladybug, and he was pretty sure that she must know.

"Wh-What're you doing here?" Adrien asked.

"I...heard from a...'friend'...that you were going through a hard time." answered Ladybug.

"O-Oh...I mean...i-it's nothing!"

Ladybug wasn't at all convinced. She then gestured to Adrien's bruises.

"Then can you tell me what those are?" asked Ladybug.

She then felt Adrien's arm and cheek. Adrien couldn't stop but slightly blush and wince at the same time at the feeling of her gloved hand touching his bruised arm and cheek. Thank you Dad, Adrien mentally cursed, this is probably one of the only times Ladybug gets to meet me and you ruin my face... He looked back down as if ashamed.

"Adrien..." said Ladybug.

She then lifted his chin up just slightly.  Adrien looked up, but instead of seeing Ladybug, he saw his mother.  Adrien could almost hear her voice.  It sounded like her, it looked like her.  Emily Agreste's smile had always been recognizable.  Adrein didn't understand, just why exactly was he seeing his mother instead of his lady?  Ladybug's voice brought him back to reality.

"Adrien," she said, "you're hurt. This is a bruise. I get them here and there during every battle. I know what they feel and look like."

Adrien soon gave up. It wasn't really going to work. It was true however, Ladybug (and he [if only she knew]) has technically taken many, many, bad beatings before.  

He didn't know how to tell someone who he not only doesn't know, but also isn't aware he's the partner she's worked with all this time. The boy started to whimper a bit, trying to hold back his unstoppable tears.

Even a few tears left Ladybug's eyes herself. She hated not being able to help others. She eventually pulled Adrien's head onto her chest. Adrien covered his face with his hands as he started to feel himself beginning to give into his emotions.

"It's okay, Adrien.  Let it out." Ladybug soothed.

Adrien then began to cry, hard.  Ladybug closed her eyes very tightly.  It was so hard to do this.  She had always comforted people as she saved the day, but this was different somehow.  She pushed all thoughts of her big fantasy of her future with Adrien away.  She was amazed at herself for a moment that she was able to do that.

"Shhhh...I've got you, Adrien." Ladybug continued to soothe, "I'm here for you."

"I'm sorry!" Adrien sobbed, "I'm so sorry..."

Ladybug moved slightly away, not letting go of the boy however. She looked into his glassy emerald green eyes.

"What're you sorry for?" asked the superhero.

"I'm s-sorry I lied!" Adrien answered.

Ladybug hugged him close once again. She was able to sit Adrien down on his bed. She sat next to him. She kept an arm wrapped around his shoulders. She knew that something was up.

"Do you...want to talk about it?" she asked.

Ladybug waited for him to be ready to talk. Adrien tried his very hardest to stop crying, but it wouldn't stop.