Chapter 15: The Endurance Of A Heroine

Ladybug's darkened and blurry vision began to lighten and clear up. She then found herself in a chair. She tried to move, but her arms were apparently restrained by some type of metal-like cuffs that bound her wrists together. She then looked ahead to see Adrien tied to the same chair.

"Adrien!" she shouted.

"L-Ladybug!" said Adrien, "Thank goodness you're alright!"

"For a while anyway..." said a familiar voice.

Ladybug stared at the familiar figure. This was not good. It felt like a horrible nightmare. It was Hawk Moth. Two akumas followed him. That'd explain how Ladybug was knocked out.

"These twins were insulted for 'bad teamwork'." Hawk Moth explained, "And I simply gave them the courage and mind-reading skills to prove those who wronged them wrong."

"You're insane, Hawk Moth!" said Adrien.

"You're sick!" Ladybug hissed.

Hawk Moth smacked Ladybug in the face with his cane. A red mark showed up on her cheek, stinging.  Hawk Moth then took out a chair and sat right in front of the superhero.

"You're a feisty fellow." he tried, "Perhaps I should unbind you and see what you can do."

"It wouldn't be fair." said Ladybug.

"And just why wouldn't it?"

"Because akumatizing people to hurt others is all you can do. That's all you've even been good at."

"You think I'm afraid of you?"

"I think you've been afraid all of your life."

Adrien was almost surprised. He hadn't heard Ladybug ever speak like that before. Sure he'd joke about him while they were on patrol, but this was different. Maybe it was just that the man was now in the flesh.

"Just give me your Ladybug Miraculous, Ladybug." Hawk Moth demanded, "And no one will have to get hurt."

"I will never do such a thing!" Ladybug hissed once again.

"And why not?"

Adrien almost smiled. He wondered if Ladybug was going to say that she wouldn't sacrifice thousands of lives. It's what Cat Noir would've said for sure, because Adrien is Cat Noir.

"Because I'm not going to allow you to get away with anything  you did to Paris, you coward." she answered.

Hawk Moth suddenly put on a face resembling...disgust. It was rare to see a villain like that. He then groaned in frustration and aimed to grab Ladybug's earrings, ready to rip them off her ears. Adrien freaked out, Hawk Moth was about to reveal who Ladybug, his partner was.

However, something different happened. The earrings sent a small lightly-colored lightning out. It zapped Hawk Moth's fingers, causing him to suddenly fly into a wall.

"Some type of self-defense mechanism?" Hawk Moth asked.

The akumas helped Hawk Moth backup.

"I've got things you don't even know about." said Ladybug.

"Very well," Hawk Moth replied, "Metal, Gold, teach her a lesson. And don't stop until she gives in. But keep her alive. I'd like to see who she is."

Hawk Moth then left the room. Metal and Gold smiled sinisterly. They then took out what seemed to be sticks with some sort of ball at the end, making them look like wizard wands or something. However, they suddenly turned into what seemed to be batons or spears.

Metal and Gold began to hit Ladybug repeatedly with their weapons. Adrien tried to move, but his hands were still binded. He could turn into Cat Noir, but then again, with Hawk Moth himself here, it'd be the worst mistake in his life.

He then continued to watch helplessly as Metal jabbed the spear-looking weapon into Ladybug's chest, causing her to let out a blood-curdling. It didn't seem to be cutting into her, but electricity continued to pulse off of her body. He then began to realize that Ladybug's suit seemed to be getting ripped apart, but was regenerating at the same time.

Something crazy happened however, Gold hit Ladybug in the face where the mask was located. Most of the mask disappeared, but still one eye was left naked. The hair color, the blue eyes, the face with the regenerating mask suddenly shocked Adrien. He now knows who Ladybug was.

"No!" he begged, "Leave her alone!"

"Shut up, kid!" said Gold.

He punched Adrien in the face. His cheek stung as a red sore began to appear. Ladybug saw that. Anger rushed into her blood, boiling it like lava. Red energy began to surround her whole body.

"Back...the heck...OFF!!!" she screamed in demand.

Suddenly, an explosion occurred. The akumas were sent flying into the air, but two butterflies flew out of them. However, Ladybug used whatever she currently had to purify them. It also destroyed Ladybug and Adrien's binds.

"Bye...bye...little butterfly..." Ladybug groaned.

She then collapsed.  Adrien immediately ran to her.  He wished that he could've just done something earlier.

"Ladybug!" Adrien shouted, helping Ladybug up.

The superhero looked at him, fear clear as day. Adrien knew why Ladybug seemed to be scared. He saw her face and recognized it.  

"Marinette..." Adrien whispered.

Ladybug's tears began to roll down her cheeks.  It was followed by an almost-immediately break down. She wrapped her arms around Adrien. She cried into his chest.

"I-I wanted to tell you!" said Ladybug, "But in the end...I got scared...what if...I wasn't...the Ladybug you expected?"

"What do you mean?" asked Adrien.

"Because...under this red mask...I'm nothing but...just a brash and clumsy girl..."

Adrien almost wanted to cry. Ladybug acted like she and Marinette were two different people.  He then began to wonder, is this why she rejected him while he was Cat Noir?  It'd make sense now.  Ladybug forced herself to get up.  That's when Adrien finally realized that she was beginning to bleed.

"I need to get you out of here, Adrien." said Ladybug.

"Let me help you.'" said Adrien.

"V...v-very well..."

Adrien then wrapped an arm around Ladybug.  He helped her up as they also tried to drag the akuma victims out of the room.

...

Ladybug and Adrien were able to get out of wherever they were and the victims.  They ended up leaving them on a bench.  Ladybug threw her yo-yo up, getting them to a rooftop.  She then finally collapsed.

"Ladybug?  Ladybug!" Adrien shouted.

The unfriendly sound of the earrings beeping then came on.  Really?  Now?! Adrien cursed mentally.  Ladybug's suit then suddenly transformed.  Marinette looked horrible.  She had cuts and bruises and cuts close to all over her Tikki flew out and collapsed onto the ground too, although, she stayed conscious.

Adrien picked Marinette up and began to head for his mansion and home.  It was the only place to get into without anyone noticing something suspicious.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!