6. panic attack

TW: -

Y/n & Mattheo relationship status: enemies

__________

Y/n POV

I'm so happy that you made it!

I'm re-reading the last words of the letter my mother sent me, but the more I think about what she said, the more horrible I feel.

I didn't make it. I lied to her, and now I don't know how I will be able to tell her the truth.

The herbology exam should have been easy, especially for me, and that's why I didn't really study for it. I was sure I would get a perfect grade, like I always do. Now I don't know what I will do. I have to take the exam again, but it will be harder than the one I failed, so I'm only making the situation worse.

And oh, my God! I also have a potions project to do because I didn't hand in my homework on time.

I don't think I will be able to do them all. It's too much.

I could give up, but what about my parents? I would completely disappoint them and, above all, if I don't pass the exam and don't hand in the project, I can't pass the next school year. Giving up is not an option.

Three textbooks and a herbology book must be completed in less than a week. I have to read and study them, even if I don't have enough time.

But, God, I don't have enough time! The herbology exam is next week and the potions project is for Friday, that is... in two days.

Two days?!

No, this can't be possible.

I get up from the bed and head to the desk to get the calendar. Friday is in two days.

Two days.

Oh, my God!

"No, no, no..." I say as I start walking back and forth, trying to find a solution.

Every step I take is a lost sentence to learn.

I can't do this. I don't have time.

Why didn't I study when I should have? Why did I think I could handle it?

A lot of thoughts start to make their place in my head, disconnecting me from reality and settling me in one full of fear. I think I'm starting to panic more than I should, but when I realize, it's already too late. And since I didn't have enough reasons to panic, this one is also added.

I can't do this.

I can't do this.

I can't do this.

I can't do this.

I can't do this.

I can't do this.

Panic is growing in me and it's about to erupt. I feel my breathing too difficult to perform. What's happening?

I try to catch my breath, but in vain. The more I think about it, the harder it is for me.

I can't.

I can't breathe.

I try to look anywhere else, but everywhere there are only books that take me back to the reason why I ended up like this.

I'm...

"This is all your fault!"

This voice.

Oh, my God! This voice!