EPILOGUE

I blink my eyes opened.

The fire steams my eyes.

Without an ounce of water, it simmers around us. I completely sag against Tirich. Drained. My head tucked into his shoulder as he finished pumping the last of his essence inside me.

His steel chest contracted against my breast. His breath was still sizzling the air. I’m burned inside out.

Literally.

I’m drained of energy, and my body will need more than a few days to recuperate. I’m too exhausted to keep my eyes open. Closing them with complaint. I know we are moving about, but we seem so still.

I feel a blanket wrap around me, cradling me close. Tirich covers me, no one would dare look, but he demands I’m protected from all eyes.

He's expects obedience.

The temperature changes, and I know he is carrying me through the corridors. I feel the power as he slowly walks through his kingdom.

My door is on the opposite side of his. Connected through a private walkway, far away to keep us from a never-ending war, and close enough so he can protect me.

I’m too exhausted to push him away.

Usually, I walk the fuck out after, but this was on a different level!

I hear my door open, and I feel my soft sheets hit my back. The blanket rises around my hips, and a leaked whine leaves my lips. I feel Tirich’s mouth reach my thighs. I want to push him away, but the exhaustion is overwhelming.

He softly licks and nibbles each thigh. Im absorbing some kind of warmth. He's healing me. His fucking abilities are crazy!

I whimper as he reaches my core, licking gently, and I feel my body numbly responding. He’s healing everything, licking at the tenderness and coating my insides. Bringing new sensations as he deepens into my clit.

He’s never done this before, heal me, and I know what he’s trying to do!

I don’t like it!

I don’t like our bond.

His kisses become guttural. He hisses to tempt a new sensation against my clit. My nether lips are spread around his lips to deepen into my taste.

On instinct, I find myself reaching into his blondish-white hair. So soft as it glides in between my fingers. I still, a heavy calm, until I'm pulling at his roots.

I’ve never touched him before.

He gently growls with submissive control, seeking only my pleasure, suckling, and licking with endless kisses. Sharing the warmth till it becomes heated. So I fill his need by opening myself.

Between the heavy multiple contractions of my ovaries and stomach muscles, I’m really damn sore! I feel his tongue expanding, flutters, reaching to my core to heal me inside. He feels my pain, and he’s gentle to the touch.

It slips in slowly and rubs around. Light strokes of healing penetrate me, and the pressure changes for more. He grips my hips, holding on, and I slowly take control, thrusting against his snaked-like tongue.

Over and over again, I pump to the ache. I’m pulling at the silky strands in my fingers. Deepening the penetration, risking more, as he sucks between my lips. A long moan breaks me. Dry to a tone, I need water, but my body somehow releases the juices it needs, and I give up so freely.

He’s lapping it up greedly, and I arch, pushing the aftershocks to a crest to share. My thighs quake around Tirich’s head, and he rubs into them. His fingertips gripped into my flesh.

I never open my eyes.

I never look into his fucking face.

A last long kiss to my center, a hiss of triumph, and the blanket tucks back around me. Securing me in a released state.

It's quiet.

I want to believe he left, but I still feel his heavy energy. I don’t know what’s changed, I dread our next encounter, but I know we will always be enemies.

After a few minutes, the sound of the door clicks, and the temperature changes in my room. I lay still, fighting my sleep until it finally took over. My last thoughts are of the deadly kiss between us.

Vampire bastard.