Chapter 1

"Now, next on stage, who we've all been waiting for..." The announcer begain saying after a wonderful performance given by Emily Robert. "The girl working her way to the top, with her partner, who loves to tango... Please give a warm welcome to Zipporah and Gregory."

The crowd roared with excitement, screaming and shouting there names, as they walked on stage ready to perform a Waltz routine, choreographed just for this event. When the music started the crowd was silent as they watched in aww. The couple gracefully moving around the floor.

The waltz may be a slow dance but, when done correctly it can be very beautiful. With the couples long strides, perfect posture, and the whiteness of there costumes they seemed as though swans swimming in perfect harmony with each other.

The dips and lifts chought everyone with awe, as they started and ended on the perfect note. This couple seemed to know exactly what they were doing, and that was true. Zipporah and Gregory have been partners sense the 8th grade and have done almost every dance posable. They performed every week and competed at the same time. Ballroom dancing came easily for these two very different people.

Everyone watching loved how with every step there seemed to be the perfect facial expression given by the couple. Dancing was almost like acting in the fact that you had to become the part. The different ballroom dances have different parts you have to fit into. So in that aspect the couple became the Waltz.

When the song died down to a stop Gregory drop dipped his partner and the lights dimmed to darkness. For a moment the crowd was silent, but then they once again shouted with enthusiasm to there favorite couple of the evening.

"So there you have it folks! That was Zipporah and Gregory dancing The Waltz." Once again the announcer got the crowd in love with this couple. "Well they were amazing now weren't they? Aww we all just love it when a couple can be so elegant and so beautiful in their dancing. Let us give them an other applause shall we?"

With that the crowd clapped as loud as they could.

---

"Good job Zippy!" Gregory said to his partner once the event was over. "Once again we left them wanting more." Greg was always excited when they left the stage, because he knew that all his hard work was paying off. He just loved the attention they were getting in their most resent performances.

"Greg, we always do that and we always will." Zipporah said as she playfully hit Greg in the arm. "We just work hard enough to actually deserve the crowd loving us so much."

Greg gave an exaggerated sigh. "Come on Zippy. All of my friends will be waiting for us at the cafe. It's about time we relax a little and hang with some friends." He tried to pull her towards the door, but she pulled back giving him a stern look.

"Sorry Greg, not tonight. I have a exam do on monday and I have been so focused on tonight's performance that I am not even close to being ready yet. And you know how I like to be ready for every thing." Zipporah had no time for fun if she was going to achieve her dream.

"Really? Zip, you are going to use that excuse again?" All Greg ever wanted to do was have fun. That's why he danced, to have fun! So he didn't understand Zipporah at all, she was all about the end result and he was all about the fun and in the now. Zipporah never went with him to any party or anything else. "Well whatever, I guess I'll see you tomorrow at the studio then." And with that he walked out the door to his car still confused with Zipporah's decisions.

Slowly Zipporah gathered her things and walked toward the exit. She was thinking about that they could do to improve their routine. 'Maybe we could add another lift and then a death drop to add to the enjoyment for the watchers.' She thought as she opened the trunk of her little volts wagon beetle.