one. it all began...

With Jake begging Sunoo to take him along to the Golden Dragon Festival-an elite film festival that invited only the most prominent figures in the showbiz industry, from actors to singers to modellers to producers. Only the best of the best who had left a deep impression in the hearts of the showbiz audiences were invited. Sunoo was just filling in for his father, a producer, who had taken his wife and escaped to the Balis because god forbid, while the film festival was splendid and anticipating, it was for stuck-up nosy entitled people.

Just like his dad who ran away from his responsibilities, Sunoo wanted to pack his bags and disappear too.

"This is the shittiest, dirtiest thing my father has ever done to me," grumbled Sunoo as he flicked through his wardrobe, looking for a suit to wear because his parents left for Bali yesterday and informed him of his new job yesterday. And the film festival was tomorrow evening.

Jake sat on the latter's humongous but deserted bed with Jungwon lying beside him. Sunoo lived with him and the rest of their friend group, which was five, in the university's dormitory. Jake could never understand why Sunoo decided to abandon his parent's million-dollar apartment for a shitty 40 square metre life. He would thank heaven if he was able to live with his parents and enjoy his mother's cooking every day but... some things.

Sunoo was fuming, angrily ratting about his parents while Jake and Jungwon just listened.

"All the more reason why you should bring along a friend," Jake said at the end of the younger's ratting.

Sunoo narrowed his eyes at him. "It's painfully obvious why you're acting so desperately, but my answer is no."

Jake plopped down on his knees with opened arms as he argued, "oh, come on! I get that you're not very fond of Park Sunghoon, for a painfully heartbreaking reason," Sunoo rolled his eyes, "but this is your best friend's lifelong crush we're talking about. This might be my only chance to experience Park Sunghoon in the flesh; talk to him, and maybe even become his friends or gain his attention but that sounds a bit delusional. But what I mean is! I really want to come with you, Sunoo. Please take me along, hmm?"

Sunoo pressed his hands on his waist as he craned his neck and looked down at the boy kneeling on the ground with round puppy eyes. Jake's puppy eyes could do miracles, just, not today.

"I believe you keep forgetting this life-saving warning I keep telling you; Park Sunghoon is a freaking playboy, a disaster, a narcissist, and a fuckboy who gives no shit about other people because he only cares about himself!"

Jungwon's eyes grew wide upon hearing Sunoo's all too familiar but never old remark concerning this celebrity that Jake was head over heels in love with, and Sunoo was head over heels homicidal with.

Jake pressed his lips tight. His friend, Kim Sunoo, the loveliest, had a history with Park Sunghoon, the man behind the cause of his erratic heartbeat. How could he forget high school three years ago, or was it four, when his heart broke because of a person for the first time.

He was the new student from Australia, Korean a little funny and shy despite Jay's attempt to make him liven up to their Korean classmates. Jay had enrolled in South Korea two years prior so he was very familiar with the system and had already made friends. They knew each other because they had spent a lot of childhood years together, until Jay's parents moved to America. Sunoo was the pretty, popular and loveliest kid in their school. He was friends with everyone, despite sticking close to Jay and Jungwon more.

Jake first saw Park Sunghoon on a commercial board in a bus station. They were the same age but Sunghoon had debuted early in this boy group which was later dismissed due to some unfortunate, chaotic and disastrous reasons. Which all had something to do with Park Sunghoon one way or the other. Sunghoon had just left his band, but because of his prior movie appearances which were a hit and his irresistible good looks, he easily found himself growing popular.