twenty-four. fate's silly tricks

"Thank you."

Jake might combust. While Yeji's gratitude warmed him, Sunghoon's made him boil; it was too warm and fuzzy, hence, boiled. "What is this, Mr. Park? Are you just saying that because your sister did? Are you using your sister like a- Ow!"

Okay. He might have deserved the finger flick.

"I'm being extremely sincere right now so listen," scolded Sunghoon. They were in front of a pharmacy getting their knuckles bandaged. Jake had applied for Sunghoon so it was the idol's turn to repay the favour. However, Jake did not expect their conservation to carry so much weight.

"Thank you for forgiving Yeji."

Jake smiled. The idol was concentrating on his application, but the tip of ears were a shade of pink never seen before. "I guess you can say I did it for you, and also because it wasn't her fault. Unlike you, your sister seemed delicate. This is probably the worst first impression from both our ends."

"Yeji won't mind."

"Oh? You don't look like it but you're very attentive to your sister, huh?"

Sunghoon was finished. He crumbled the wrappers and pushed them inside the pocket. When he looked up, he smiled and stole a chastised kiss. "I pay attention to those important to me." His hand snaked to Jake's nape and he pulled him closer so that their foreheads touched.

Jake's hitched. What they were doing now was a whole new level of affection—he momentarily wondered if they were allowed to be this affectionate. Afterall, they weren't even real...

However, before Jake could dwell further into disappointment, Sunghoon says, "What if we're real?"

Okay. Jake was not expecting that. He turned to the idol, looking neither confused nor happy, just… taken aback.

Sunghoon pulled away, deep brown eyes boring into a round, lighter pair of brown. "I don't want to be your fake boyfriend, Jake." And Jake might be going deaf on how abnormally loud his heart was beating against his ears. "It's a very bad place to be saying this, not really romantic but I'm desperate. Kissing you is so sweet, you're so goddamn stubborn and smart, you fit perfectly in my arms so I always want to hold you- Uh. What I'm trying to say is…"

Sunghoon briefly cleared his throat. Jake bit his lips, smiling in adoration. The idol was yet to look him in the eyes—resembling a timid schoolgirl confessing.

"Do you want to be my real boyfriend?"

His cheeks hurt. His eyes glazed with ecstasy as he nodded, wordlessly grinning for the idol to receive how he felt. Sunghoon understood too well, and so he smiled. "Yes. Yes." Jake hates himself for getting too emotional. So, he pulled the idol by the neck and pressed their lips together. Sunghoon said kissing him was sweet, well, Jake felt that it was the combination of their lips; icy cherry lips melting against warm ones that created the most tantalising sentiment ever known to both of them.

Park Sunghoon had cold, bitter lips that, when melted, were heart-achingly sweet.

The loving pecks quickly escalated to dizzying exploration of his crevices. Jake was pushed against the door, which ultimately snapped him back to his senses. "Wait- wait. People can see us here," he pushed the idol away.

To which Sunghoon replied with a smirk. And Jake could feel something ominous coming.

Jihyo should have seen this coming. Intel reports had been pouring in from hired and un-hired sources of her 'prince' behaving like a love-struck Cupid for days- no, weeks, and was going around snooping for clues. All because of some boy she had forced him to fake a relationship with. Now, the evidence piled up on her desk rendered her speechless, a little ashamed, hot on the ears, but regardless, very speechless.

"Well," someone from the PR team finally spoke, "at least he was not very exposed."

Jihyo shot the damned woman a glare. "Really? Not very exposed? Take a good look at the damn photo and tell me what you think he was possibly doing? Singing at the top of his lungs? Fighting? Laughing? Oh, he couldn't possibly be beating the shit out of someone, right?!"

The entire room shifted uncomfortably at the very bold, but true, choice of word.

Jihyo gripped her hair and groaned. "Somebody get me the damned man who took this picture!"

"Yes, Ma'am." Her secretary sprinted to her feet, happy to finally get out of the room.

Intensifying from their passionate attraction, their lovemaking had taken a more ferocious turn as Jake realised; they both had pretty sadistic standards on sex.

Looking down at his neck to his chest and to his waist, Jake momentarily marvelled at how inconspicuous and frightening he looked. For one, he was covered in an alarming number of bruised love bites. One would think he had been attacked by a wild animal, or a swarm of bees. 

Behind him, Sunghoon rested his chin on his shoulder and smirked victoriously at the reflection.

"Don't give me that look," Jake warned him.

Yet, the idol's lips churned into an even bigger playful smile. "You look so darn gorgeous," he said, kissing his temple as he manoeuvred to find a shirt.

"Are you going somewhere?" Jake asked when the idol began undressing from his PJs.

"Yeah. Jihyo-noona wants me over, emergency."

And Jake knew it had something with him… them. His silence was acknowledged by the idol who gave him a reassuring kiss on the forehead. "I'll be back before four so stay for dinner, please?"

Jake broke into a smile. He nodded. It was only after the idol left that Jake could drop his smile. He walked past the living room, grabbing the curvy vase and disposing of the lilies inside. He walked towards the storage room, standing before the door with an unsetting aura.

"I know you're in there. You can come out now," he said, the tip of his ears red and his eyes crossed with fury.

The door slid open with a creak, and a small petite figure leaped out.

chose not to give em a break :)