13. timber

୨ৎ ꒰  timber ꒱ ୨ৎ

.୨ৎ ꒰  timber ꒱ ୨ৎ.

hand in hand, willow, and steven entered the house on their tiptoes, trying not to make any noise, but their giggles clearly announced they were back home.

strangely, many more people than they expected were already awake. susannah and laurel were sitting at the backyard table chatting while having breakfast and when they walked into the kitchen, conrad was making pancakes.

he looked up at them and smirked, mixing the dough.

"alright, anyone wants some cereal?" steven left willow's hand and approached the fridge while she sat on a stool in front of her brother.

since steven wasn't looking, conrad looked up and whispered very low to willow: "you must tell me everything." she smiled widely.  

"are you two coming to trevor's party tonight?" conrad asked, pouring the dough into the pan. 

"he's throwing a party? i'm not so sure i'll come..." willow yawned, she was exhausted.

"he's the king of parties, you have to come!" jeremiah entered the kitchen and approached her sister to give her a kiss on the forehead.

"i'm not getting a kiss?" conrad joked, faking a sad tone when jeremiah opened the fridge.

"my jealous connie" jere kissed his cheek. "anyways, willow, you can't miss trevor's party tonight"

"i'll...i'll think about" the last thing willow wanted to do was go to a party: there were very high chances to meet harry and the only thought of drinking alcohol gave her nausea. "i'm tired, i'll go rest a little, see y'all later" she gave steven a quick kiss and walked upstairs, while jeremiah's jaw dropped.

"i must have missed something. like a huge something" 

⭑○◦

"i'm gonna fucking kill him" when willow got downstairs, three hours and a half later, the guys were in the same exact positions she left them, except for conrad who was sitting on the kitchen counter under the window. he sounded furious, so willow stopped right near the door to eavesdrop.

"and that's why i don't think she'll come tonight" steven apparently concluded his "speech". she silently sighed of relief, talking about what happened the night before to her brothers would have been weird, she mentally annotated to thank his boyfriend. she blushed, pleased. he was hers. he was her boyfriend.

"i knew from the beginning he was a jerk ass" jeremiah commented.

"god, it's my fault, i've been an idiot all summer, she obviously wanted to date someone else," steven said and willow furrowed, she couldn't believe she was so stupid to think that.

"willow what are you doing here?" susannah appeared from the hallway with a big flower bouquet in her hands. she took her hand and walked into the kitchen, where it was possible to cut the tension with a knife. the guys were looking at her, knowing she heard what they said.