A Different Outcome

This is what happens after Laurel hits Belly and Belly goes to sit out on the beach. But in my opinion, a different outcome of the scene. A part of this one shot (Aka Jeremiah part) was given by isateamconrad!

Belly was sitting out on the beach, feeling like her tears could take over. She didn't want to do any of this anymore. She took out her phone and called her father, the one person who she thought she would still be able to convince of something.

"Hi, Bean. How's Cousins?" John asked.

"Good. Does your offer still stand?" Belly asked as John looked out in front of him.

"About coming to live with me instead of your mother for senior year? yeah, of course, baby. Always. But why now all of a sudden?" John asked.

"Daddy, she isn't the same person anymore," Belly said and John knew things were going south.

"Are you going to Brown University for college then?" John asked.

University. It was the one thing that Belly was never sure on. She didn't know where she wanted to go for that, but when it came to places, her mother tried to convince her of Finch. Belly took it into consideration, but was never serious about it. When the idea of going to Brown came up, she did take it seriously. The thought of going to college with Conrad made Belly's heart feel warm, and fuzzy. Suddenly, the idea was very clear in her thoughts as well as her answer to her father's question.

"Yes, I'm going to Brown. When we get back and I fully move in, I want to think seriously about my direction and apply. I'll ask Conrad to help me," Belly said.

"How is Conrad doing?" John asked as Belly remembered the conversation that she and Conrad had the previous night.

"Um... He's doing okay. I'm going to stay to help him study for a final, and then tomorrow I'll ask him to drop me off at the house," Belly said.

"Ask him to stay over for a few days. I'll be back on Sunday with all your stuff," John said.

"I will. Bye, Dad," Belly said ending the call.

She didn't know how she could have completely messed up in the way that she did. She exhaled, her whole body shivering as she felt how hands rested on her shoulders. She didn't look back to see who it could be, she knew who it was.

"I've messed up so badly, Conrad," Belly said as Conrad looked at her.

"I guess we all do, Bells. Are you okay?" Conrad asked as Belly knew what he was referring to.

"I hate her," Belly said, her voice coarse, and tears streaming down her face.

"I hate her, Conrad. I..." Belly said as she fell apart.

Conrad sat down next to her, and pulled her into his body. The warmth of his body and the comfort of his arms made Belly remember why she fell as hard as she did. Conrad held Belly tight against him, laying his chin on her head while slowly pulling her in deeper. Belly exhaled as she wiped her tears away with the backside of her hand while it seemed like things were slowly moving away from bad. She looked into Conrad's green eyes as she smiled. He gently brushed her hair away, tucking his hand behind her ear, and pulled her closer, their lip crashing. The kiss was soft and sweet, with enough passion to hold them there for a couple of seconds. Belly was the one to finally pull away. She looked at Conrad, confused on why he kissed her after what she had told him the previous night.

"Going to Jeremiah was the right thing to do, and back then he gave me his blessing. I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to back off yet," Conrad said as Belly smiled.