Sick

Requested by bookadoption!

Belly had to admit that there were times when even she didn't know what to do. She was now 22 years old, fresh out of college, and taking on life again. But she was now with the boy she loved longer and deeper than she's loved anyone else. After Belly's breakup with Jeremiah, she and Conrad kept contact through letters. At first, Belly didn't respond, scared of where it would lead, but afterwards she had written back once she gained the confidence. She and Conrad were now together. As soon as she hit back to the states, their relationship was retaken. And now, Belly was living with Conrad in a small apartment in Stanford.

While Laurel wasn't the biggest fan of it, Belly and Conrad were nearly 3000 miles away from everyone and they loved the experience of not being close to the drama. They lived in California, with the sea and the sand. But Belly also knew that things were changing.

Belly had woken up from a deep sleep. Working as a volleyball coach was tiring for her, but other times she enjoyed it. She turned around finding Conrad still asleep, bhr noticing he looked different today. She hoped that it was her imagination as she got up from bed and went to make coffee. She had put the machine on while looking at a picture taken of her and Conrad.

Back when the picture was taken neither was sure what would happen to their relationship

Back when the picture was taken neither was sure what would happen to their relationship. They were broken up, Belly fell for Jeremiah, and Conrad was on his way to Stanford, putting 3000 miles between them. She smiled as she heard footsteps coming down the stairs and saw her boyfriend. Unfortunately, she didn't look At him wrong when she woke up. Conrad was flustered and not in a good way. As he sat down on the couch, he groaned, and Belly went closer to him.

"What's wrong, Doctor Fisher?" Belly asked.

After completing his course, Conrad went to become an oncologist. He loved working with the people, and it came easy to him. The work itself was hard, and he often worked late nights, but he was very grateful for it.

Belly pressed her hand against Conrad's forehead, sighing as he felt warm.

"Yeah, like I thought. You're coming down with a cold," Belly said.

"I feel like shit," Conrad said as Belly slightly chuckled.

"Yeah, that's how a cold feels. Lay down then I'll go and get you some medicine," Belly said.

Conrad laid down on the couch as Belly went up to the bathroom. He felt like he had a hangover so thick was his head. He looked like he had one as well. While he didn't just have a fever, he also felt like his throat was in fire.

"Here you go, Connie," Belly said as she had given Conrad Tylenol for his fever.

"Scratchy throat?" Belly asked as Conrad nodded and laid back down on the couch.

Belly had given him a throat lozenge, as she went to make him tea with lemon and honey. She had given it to him, sitting down next to him, as he slowly sipped it. Belly exhaled, placing her hand behind his head as he smiled at her.

"Eather don't come too close otherwise you'll get sick as well," Conrad said as Belly shook her head.

"I don't care if I get sick. All I care about it getting you well again. I'm going to the shops to get some incredients chicken soup. Think it's time I pulled out your mom's recipe. I'll stop by the pharmacy to get some more meds as well. Cough syrup is definitely one thing we need to get," Belly said as Conrad nodded.

"Don't worry too much with food. I probably won't even be hungry," Conrad said as Belly chuckled.

"Exactly why you need to eat," Belly said.

"Have I ever told you how happy I am that I get to spend my life with you?" Conrad asked as Belly smiled.

"Yeah, you have," Belly said kissing the side of his head.

"Get some rest, okay?" Belly said as Conrad laid back down and closed his eyes.

Belly smiled as she threw a thin blanket over Conrad, knowing they would spend the morning and next few days cuddling in bed with some movies.