𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐

When I opened my eyes, I expected to be at the gates of the Underworld, being dropped off by Hermes, but that's not where I was. Instead, I was in mine and Luke's room, on board the 𝑃𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝐴𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑑𝑎, and I found myself standing in the center of the room.

I thought I was alone when I had heard the sniffle and soft whimper. I jumped a little and my head snapped in the direction the noise came from, and I saw Luke sitting in a chair, hunched over, elbows resting on his knees, while his head was bowed, and resting in his hands. His whole body trembled, and that's what drew me to him.

"Luke?" I asked. I was reaching a hand out toward him when something on the bed caught my attention.

My own body.

My own dead body.

"What in Tartarus...?" I whispered, taking a step back.

My body was laying on the bed, still, and very lifeless. How long had I been laying there? How long had I been dead? My skin was pale, and my eyes closed. For the first time in my life, I actually looked like I was resting peacefully, but knew that was far from true, considering my being in the upper world still. Which brought me back to wondering, if I were dead, why was I still topside, and not arriving at the gates of the Underworld?

I looked at Luke, and noticed his fingers were curled tightly in his short hair, but he wasn't yanking his hair out. Thank the gods.

"I should have protected you..." Luke said.

I gave a small smile. "Don't you go blaming yourself. Even I couldn't have seen that happening." I said, as if he could hear me.

"He promised me you wouldn't get hurt." He said, this time a hint of malice in his voice.

I swallowed hard. I knew he was talking about Kronos. "I must have disobeyed you somehow, and this was Kronos living up to his promise..."

Luke was quiet for a long time, and I stood next to him for the longest time, watching him. Every move, each flinch, and every tremble his body made from suppressing a sob. He sniffled, and leaned forward a little before his hands slowly released his blond strands, and he sat up straight.

His bright blue eyes were red and full of tears as he looked at the bed and to my lifeless form. He rubbed his hand over his face and wiped away his tears.

I wish I could comfort him, but, given my current circumstances...

I sat down on the floor beside him and gazed up at Luke. There had been very few moments where he'd let himself cry in front of me, and every time he did cry, I can't help but think of how beautiful he is. Even right now, as he cried over my death.

I took a deep breath, and finally tore my gaze skyward before saying, "Thanatos? Hermes? It'd be nice to stand before the judges already." I said after a long moment.

At first, there was nothing. It was strange, really. Then, there was a very soft, and very sleepy sounding female voice that echoed in my mind. "𝑁𝑜𝑤 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑗𝑢𝑑𝑔𝑒𝑠, 𝑚𝑦 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑔𝑜𝑑."

I flinched and looked around as I stood up fast. "Who are you?" I asked.

"𝐼'𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜'𝑠 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘. 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑜𝑠 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖𝑛 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑦 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙 𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑝𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑡𝑠 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑈𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑙𝑑." The sleepy voice explained.