𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙

The months genuinely flew by in a blink of an eye. That next morning, after my first 'capture the flag' game, Luke held up to his promise and taught me how to send and communicate through Iris Messaging, which I thought was really neat. My dad finally got to see Luke face-to-face— well, face to watery image. Either way, seeing them talk, and hearing Luke promise he was taking care of me at camp, made my heart warm. Finally, something from my past was on the mend now.

Chiron kept his promise. He taught me my school studies, and Annabeth pitched in to help me with what Ancient Greek I didn't know. When my studies for school were done with, next came Chiron's training. The training he had promised me. At first, being trained in a similar manner as Odysseus and Achilles was rough. The physical parts of training weren't so bad. I actually caught onto it pretty quickly. Training with Chiron also helped improve my sword skills for my daily activities. I wasn't Chiron's only student either for the 'side studies'. He had a couple other kids training with me.

Training like Odysseus was more cunning than physical, but either way, Chiron worked with me as he had promised. He made me solve 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 situation I found myself in. Battle skills and constantly having a plan reached out beyond Chiron's private training. By that, I mean that there was always some mess I would get myself into, because a test had been set up.

When this first happened, I had been walking with Luke to our pegasus flying class. A monster had somehow gotten out of the woods, and headed straight towards Luke and I. Immediately, I knew it was a test, now all I had to do was pass it, and I did, by stepping into action quickly. The monster's attention had been drawn to Luke— sneaky— so I did what anyone would do. I diverted its attention toward me, by throwing a nice sized rock at it.

Believe me, it looked like the dumbest thing anyone could do, but it worked, because that really angered the monster, and had him charging straight for me. Good thing that was the plan. After that, I don't even think it was two minutes before I dusted the monster, it was really low level.

After a couple weeks, those surprise tests stopped. I was relieved. I didn't think I could have taken much longer with these surprise heart attacks waiting to happen. Either way, I made it through that part of my training, of course, I wasn't done yet. For now, yes. Chiron wanted me to have an 'off season' with our extra curricular training. Give me something for next summer to learn.

I'm not going to lie. Things started getting bad recently. Dream wise. I had my worst dream yet, and it had bled outside of my dream. Meaning, I woke everyone in the cabin— maybe even scared them. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

The dream was awful. I had been standing in a giant room; there were huge thrones that were in a 'U' shape, similar to the cabins at camp, and they were all gathered around a large hearth. The flames looked as if they had been going out. Which I knew from just being at camp, that was a bad thing to allow the hearth to burn out.

I looked around and finally spotted two heads of familiar blonde hair. Luke and Annabeth. They looked tense. Luke had been shaking, tears fell down his face. They were talking, but they weren't audible. My heart was racing, and I called out to Annabeth and Luke, but I couldn't, my voice wasn't working either. I flinched at the sudden flash of bronze. I tore my eyes away for one moment. One single moment, to try and see who this third person in my dream was, but suddenly I wasn't in the same spot anymore. I was a few feet from where I had previously been.

I had been down on my knees. My lap felt heavy. My clothes felt sticky and warm all of a sudden. My stomach dropped, and I hesitantly looked down at my lap, before finally, a scream had broken through. In my lap, in the dream, I was cradling Luke's broken body. He had been bleeding. His complexion was so pale in comparison to its normal shade. He was looking up at me, tears in his eyes, and a sad smile on his face. He was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't tell what it was, due to the tears blurring my vision.