chapter 4

"Well, I didn't think she would take it like this."

"What do you mean? You thought she would go along with everything?" Jimin looked at his mate, eyes narrowed in disbelief. Taehyung shrugged, placing his nose in Hobi's neck as he sat on his lap. He was in a grumpy mood after you broke his nose and Hobi's vanilla scent always calmed him down.

They had to lock you in your old room so you wouldn't try to run away from them again. You already broke the window in the library that overlooked the large garden. For your own safety they made sure you couldn't break anything in the room, not wanting you to try and hurt yourself again.

Telling you everything had not gone to plan, as some of them had previously hoped.

You stood there for a couple of seconds before making a run for the door, shoving your body against it as you tried to turn the doorknob. You had tears down your cheeks, impeding your vision as you tried to leave.

Jungkook was shocked when you managed to get rid of Taehyung's arms around your waist, the youngest of the coven having widened his eyes at your actions. He might have been naive to the idea that you would welcome them with open arms and soft lips.

You were their mate, and you were gaining your memories back, so why did you try to get away from them? Jungkook couldn't comprehend your actions. He couldn't fathom the thought of finally having you back in their arms and you wanting to leave.

"Darling, you're going to hurt yourself." Jimin had tried to remove your grip from the door, had moved forward so you wouldn't hurt your shoulder against the old oak door.

"Don't touch me you overgrown mosquito!" You yelled as you felt another set of arms wrap around you, effectively holding your arms against your chest and pulling you away from the door.

"Overgrown mosquito..." Namjoon breathed out, a small smile on his face as he heard the insult come from your lips. You still had the same favor for creative insults.

However, the smile left his lips when you brought your head back quick, knocking you and Jin over as his nose started to bleed, crooked and bent. You pushed yourself up and away from them before they could blink, rising to push at the window to get onto the small balcony that laid outside the glass.

Namjoon lunged for you, grabbing your waist and turning you to face him, but you kicked and threw your body against the window, effectively smashing the glass and cutting little pieces of the skin of your hands and knocking Hoseok out of the way who had come to try and block the window as an escape route.

"Darling!" Jungkook rushed forward to help Namjoon now that he had managed to restrain you, keeping you held tightly against his chest, facing him so he doesn't end up like Jin or Hoseok. Jungkook crowded against your back, making sure that you wouldn't be able to get away this time.

"Darling, I know you have a lot of feelings right now, but that's no way—"

"Oh, go put a sock in it, you limp needle!" You growled out, interrupting Jin from continuing his sentence. Yoongi could hear his elder mate's jaw clench and his nostrils flare as your words set in.

"Limp needle? How dare—" Yoongi cut him off this time, moving to pull the elder behind him before gesturing for Jungkook and Namjoon to move towards the door.

"Why don't you go and put or littlest mate in her room? Give her some time to think everything through. Maybe she'll calm down enough for lunch?" He gives you a hopeful look, only for your own eyes to narrow back at him.