𝐌𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞 #𝟓

Chapter Five - Boujee on A Budget

Acting quickly, I grabbed my backpack and Omari's arm, and we dashed out of the park, our laughter bubbling up in the air as we realized what just happened.

I was still irritated with Omari. He never spoke up for me, or even tried to reach out and try to make me not feel like an outsider in our friend group. We used to be real close, closer than anyone else in the group. Now, He was distant with me and a part of me wanted to watch him get jumped since I felt like it was his karma.

But he was my brother. Despite anything else, I knew Santana and Manu wouldn't let the same thing happen to me if I was about to get jumped.

That shit with Shia was a one on one and they couldn't have known he would've pulled a knife on me. Still, we always had each other's backs and would always go to war about each other. That was the code.

While walking back to Chantelle's house, it was like Omari wasn't the same anymore. He was walking with a bounce in his step, his chin up high and a small smile that seemed permanent. I never seen that kid look so confident and ten-toes down. It was like he was a different person.

Winning a fight does that to you. You feel like you can take on the world. But I hope he doesn't let this go to his ego.

When we got to the house, I noticed my suitcase wasn't sitting in the yard like it was before. Someone must've taken it inside.

That Dominic guy wasn't around either. Thank god he didn't follow me to the park like a creep.

I kinda felt bad, though. It wasn't his fault that me and Shia started scrapping. He didn't have to get cussed out like that.

We went up to the side door and after a few knocks, Santana opened it, his worried face replaced with one of anger when he saw Omari behind me.

Oh lord. Not this shit again.

"The fuck were you at, Omari?!" He barked. "What I tell you about leaving without saying nothing?!"

"My bad, man, damn," Omari said exhaustingly and we both walked into the house.

"Nah cause I'm sick of this shit!" Santana hollered. "You've been wildin' lately and whatever it is, I need you to cut that shit out! For real! The sneaking out, the cuttin' school, the drugs!"

Wait-- Drugs?

"All that shit! You want ICEE to come pick ya ass up? Cause that's what's gonna happen if you keep doing the shit you doin'. I can't keep babying you, Omari!"

Seems like while I was in rehab, Omari and Santana have been having problems.

Omari just rolled his eyes and fell onto the couch, nursing his head with his fingers.