𝐌𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞 #𝟔

Chapter Six - Shadows

"Good afternoon, Mr. Lopez." His deep voice spoke, making my mind go blank. Memories from the Rusty Kitchen Bar's bathroom flood back into my mind.

It was Syncere.

I tried to send him a nod, but my mind malfunctioning right now kept me from meeting his eyes.

I grabbed a mug from the yellow cabinets and went over to the coffee maker, starting it up.

As the brew heated up and the coffee maker wailed, I found myself stealing glances at the man behind me. His beautiful mahogany skin was adorned with the juiciest pair of lips, and I couldn't help but admire every inch of his face.

I could've sworn I caught his eyes on me before he dropped them back to his iPad, as if he was watching me.

I focused back on the coffee maker that seemed like it was taking centuries to heat up- all while trying not to look too awkward in front of him.

I tried resting my hands on the counter, but that didn't feel right. Having my hands on my waist didn't feel right either, so I tried to just cross my arms, but my muscles weren't cooperating. So, I just resulted in stuffing my hands into the pockets of my sweatpants.

As the mug was finally filled with the brew, I turned around to meet his eyes once again. This time, he didn't attempt to hide his gaze as his eyes burned with a focused glare from my upper thigh all the way up to my chest and finally to my eyes.

I felt a twinge of self-consciousness, my body tensing slightly. His eyes were intense, But they also had this sparkle in them, like stars suspended in time to bless anyone lucky enough to stare deep into them for all of eternity.

"You know some people put on a shirt when guests are in their house?" He raised a brow, snapping me out of my trance.

That's when I realized how weird I must've looked like staring at him.

"If you have a problem with my nipples, the door is over there."

"I never said I had a problem with it."

I had to keep my eyes from bulging out of their sockets.

He probably meant nothing by it, but he's a fine ass dude that just told me he didn't mind me being half naked around him.

I had to cover up my eye-drool by asking him if he wanted anything to drink. I offered coffee but he preferred a water bottle. I reached into the white refrigerator to grab the cold Clover Valley water bottle and hand it to him, retreating back to the other side of the island.

"So uhm," I cleared my throat, trying to sound as normal as possible. "You got a last name?"

I already knew his first name from yesterday and I had nothing else to talk to him about.