𝐌𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞 #𝟕

Chapter Seven - The Artist

Me and Syncere were on our way to the horse stables just across the street.

It's crazy how when me and my boys first realized we were moving to the countryside, we swore to anyone who would listen how we weren't gonna have anything to do with them smelly ass horses. Now I get home after being away for a month and Ms. Chantelle had them shoveling horse shit and riding horses like some real life black cowboys.

And I was about to join them. Since I was living under Chantelle's roof, I had to help out with the chores at the stables, whenever it was our week, on top of helping our Chantelle at the salon.

It was hilarious watching Manu lapping around the giant field on the brown horse, trying to stand on its back but almost busting his ass in the process.

Santana, the oldest out of all of us, was just shaking his head and telling Manu how much of a dumbass he was.

Santana looked like he was really in his element too. He had a wheat straw in his mouth and a black bandana tied around his neck. Both of them had some cowboy hats on that really sealed the deal, though.

I guess it made sense, since Chantelle did agree to take in four grown ass niggas. We were all high school dropouts trying to chase the dream of fame, and the real world was getting hard for Santana to shoulder all on his own as the oldest. We just needed a place to rest our head until we got back on our feet. If I was her, I wouldn't let some grown ass men with able bodies just sit around and eat up everything in the house.

She was gonna put our ass to work.

When the two saw me and Syncere crossing the field, their eyes practically lit up.

They hollered, making me shake my head. Manu screamed for Omari who was apparently still in the stables. "Yo, Mari! Get the shovel! We finna work this nigga like a field slave!"

They looked excited to finally pass the shit to me. Literally. They get to kick back and taunt me while I'm shoveling the smelly piles to the dump.

And that's exactly what they did. Sitting around the outside of the stables, sneak-dissing about me while I walked back and forth from inside the horse stables to the shit dump outside.

They were having a real good time too, like a couple of jock bullies picking on the new kid. To them, I was the guy that ruined all of our lives when I crashed our only car because I wanted to get drunk and behind the wheel. So in a way, I knew I deserved it.

But damn did this shit stink.

I was shoveling small piles because I couldn't handle the burning of my nose. It was worse than going into the bathroom after Santana was in there.

That nigga Syncere didn't want to help me too. If he's gonna follow me around everywhere, the least he could do is help me out. He just wanted to sit in the lawn chairs with the guys and look pretty. He's a whole princess, for real.