FIFTEEN

She throws her suit case into the back of her car and speeds out of the driveway, down the street to Elizabeth's house. She has been there once before to give her something when her parents weren't there but that's it.

She doesn't exactly know how she's going to get the young girls attention without alarming her parents. She parks a couple blocks away and looks at Elizabeth's house, thinking about what she is going to do, risking everything she has.

She steps out of the car and closes the door quietly. She walks on the side walk to the young girls home and walks through the backyard avoiding the windows.

She knows the girls bedroom is on the first floor in the back of the house with a low window, Cate grabs a couple rocks and gently throws them at it hoping to get her lovers attention.

After the forth rock the curtains are pull aside to reveal Elizabeth, she opens the window effortlessly. "What are you doing here, Cate?" she hisses, he motions for her to come closer so they can talk.

Cate quickly walks over and she takes the young girls face in her hands, "I love you, my dear." she places a soft kiss on her lips before letting go.

"I love you too, but what are you doing here?" she asks again.

"It was Barbara — Miss Covett — who told out secret." Cate says with a sorry face.

"How did she know?" the young girl panics.

"She saw us together during the Christmas concert. I said I was going to end it but here we are, I didn't. She got pissed after her cat did and told Mr. Bangs who carried it on to your mother." Cate explains, "I am so, so sorry.."

"It's not your fault, I just don't know how we are going to do this anymore, my mother has me on lockdown, and is trying to send me to a Catholic Bordering school to turn me straight!" she says, tears form in her eyes daring to spill over.

"They can't change you, love. You are who you are, and you're my Elizabeth." Cate says, she plants a soft kiss on the girls forehead before taking a deep breath, "I have a bold idea..."

"I'm up for anything at this point, I can't live trapped away forever." She says, a single tear rolls down her cheek and Cate is quick to wipe it away with her thumb.

"We can run away together, go somewhere no one will find us... like California or.... or New York!" Cate says excitedly.

"How? I have no money... I'm not packed!" Elizabeth says, her tone is filled with sadness but a little hope.

"I have plenty enough money for the both of us, me and Andrew chose to have split bank accounts when we first got married. Half of his checks would end up in mine — but that's not the point. I have a car under only my name, and I have some friends west." Cate says, her voice is starting to fill with excitement and joy at the thought of having the young lover all to herself for once, "What do you say?"

Elizabeth stares at Cate for a long moment, for both of them it feels like hours. Their love is strong and it bonds them. They can't live without each other.

"Yes. Yes!" Elizabeth says, her frown turning into a large smile, "I would like nothing more, I'll finish my last semester of high school somewhere else under a fake name and then I'll get a real job!"

"Then its set, I'll come back at 10:00 o'clock tonight to pick you up. Make sure to pack a suit case, bring everything you need and want. I have plenty of room in the trunk of my car."

"Okay, I'll be ready by then. I'm so happy, I want to be with you all the time and not have to hide!" The girl says, she grabs Cate's hands to bring her closer, she brings her hands up to her lips and place a soft kiss on them.

"That's that. I will be waiting."

THE END