Ch. 4: Family

The ride up the elevator was a long journey for this man. He hated having to report to this man, thinking anything to escape from him but all his options are very limited if he wants to survive. When the doors opened, he exited and just wanted to punch the man who watched the aircrafts take off outside his windows.

"—Texas has eliminated the target but left a large trail behind," said the speaker.

"Tell her to stay hidden and wait for further instructions," said the Director. "Anything else?"

"She... uh... also called you a cockbite."

"Charmed. Dismissed." The Director then tilted his head slightly towards Wash's direction. "Report, Agent Washington."

Wash sighed and went ahead with his briefing with slight code within. "Ghost is within territory of Mistral, along with the group he traveled with such as Kiss ass and Riding hood. No signs of any trouble from Black Queen, but could be because of Omen watching them. Any further instructions?"

"Keep an eye on them, their status may change very soon."

"Sir, if I may, I really suggest that I should be sent down there. I'm not your greatest agent so you could still have your big cards, and I have experience with these people including your son."

"Suggestion denied. Those "experiences" nearly costed your life twice so remain behind the console."

"But—"

"With the army and most of Valhalla academy helping Vale to recover from the disaster, I need to have all my cards near me, Agent Washington," Wash sighed. "Do you have something else on your mind, Agent?"

"Aside from insults, maybe."

"Care to share them?" Wash sighed approaching the Director, going around his desk.

"Why do you have this fascination with all of us? Stalking your son I would get if you've given Carolina that much attention. But what about me and Tex? How do we get wrapped into this?"

"All you need to know is that I care about my family, and use different methods for their safety, and besides, Carolina, Texas and you are few of the best soldiers I still have in my command and that will help the good of this country, is that understood?"

Wash knows there was something more personal but stayed quiet and watched the aircrafts take off. From the angle he's looking, he can see his reflection, looking at it briefly before looking back at the aircraft.

Then he looked back. Something was off to him. He can see his body, the same as it always has been yet it doesn't feel like it is him. He slowly inched in closer to his reflection, much to the Director's confusion. "Hello."

"AAAAAAGH!" Wash pulled back from the window, bumping into the desk and tumbling on and off it, much to the Director's shock.

"... I'm Professor Ozpin."

Cardin awoke, his back feeling sore. He slowly looked over the boulder he was resting on, before being grabbed and dragged back down. Axel made various hand signals. He scowled at this, "What the hell are you saying?"

"Large pack of Ursa nearby, stay down until they move along," he said.

"Lemme see then," he growled. Axel gestured in acceptance and Cardin looked over the rock. As he said, a large pack of Grim had gathered around the cracked courtyard of Beacon. Even when Cardin thought most of the people there were pricks to him, it still saddened him to see his school like this. Throughout, the tall, reflecting windows were shattered or completely gone along with some walls. The dorms which once held all the students had collapsed in within itself. The tower that was once, like the school's namesake, shone so brightly in all of Vale now laid in ruins as the stone intruder coiled around it.

"They're moving along," Cardin said. At that, him and Axel quietly walked out of there, both trying to to be as quiet as possible when passing under the ruined archway until they heard a growl. They slowly turned towards the other side of the arch to see a Beowulf slowly crawling towards them. This wouldn't be a problem for them if it one for one thing.