Chapter 7 Mental Pain and More Mistakes

razarye_

"Dazai, come on in”

The most doctorly phrase she could’ve frickin said.

The walls stretched and structures warped as his eyes frantically tried to slow and pin the weak unfamiliar surroundings.

Dazai had been into Yosano’s office many times before, but as he could feel a fragile glass heart start to shatter, things became much more real.

He felt this skin crawl and constrict, feeling suffocating and entirely unnatural.

The strands of unkempt hair on his head felt stuck and pulled at his scalp almost painfully. If he touched them, well, that was not a sensation he wished not to experience. Especially in this state of mind.

This was all new.

And Dazai hated it.

“Dazai? Hey?”

The blurry environment was vaguely focusing on a woman in a white coat.

“Yes, Yosano sensei?”

His surroundings keep phasing in and out of focus and he can hear, deafeningly, in the background, an underlying low ringing.

Thoughts get louder.

He can feel these parasites surrounding him like cotton beings pulled apart then being sewed together again by a loud, rattling, broken machine.

The feeling of the crushing cotton sliding in between fingers; it felt like that,  just surrounding all his damn senses.

Everything was shutting down, yet his brain was in overdrive.

How can an individual be so slow at responding yet have such an actively overpowering brain?

Everything was too much.

“I called you like 2 times and you didn’t respond?”

He can’t understand the words.

“Just sit down”

She’ll have to check his response later.

Later came sooner than she thought though.

****************

From when the brunette walked into the room, his eyes were vacant. He wasn’t there. Not fully.

“Dazai, you’re free to sit.”

The brunette just kept scanning his surroundings, not even taking anything in from the speed he was searching at.

PTSD attack?

The woman cautiously walked over.

“Hey Dazai, you okay?”

It didn't take too long for her to be standing in front of him. 

“Dazai?! Hey?”

The former brunette wasn’t focusing on her image at all, not making eye contact and just vaguely replied,

“Yes, Yosano Sensei?”

This wasn’t the same as PTSD, if it was, Dazai’s reactions would likely be more uncontrolled and erratic and unresponsive. But this, this was entirely slow responses and overactive brain activity most likely.

Similar to those of neurodivergent cases or anxiety and panic attacks?

Robotically the individual moved to a seat before reframing his body language like a mask to fit his persona better.