Y/N Has an Anxiety Attack Backstage

tw: wlw fluff, anxiety, anxiety attack

pairing: y/n x h/n (best friends with benefits)

You're in the hallway backstage, twenty minutes before the top of the show, pacing back and forth, struggling to keep your composure. H/N comes out of a door and it's just the two of you in the hallway. She immediately notices how anxious you are.

"Hey, babe, are you alright? What's up, my love?" she asks, gently placing a hand on your arm.
"N-Nothing, I'm alright," you reply shakily.
"Hey, love, I need you to just take a deep breath for me, alright? Come on, let's sit down." She takes your hands in hers, sitting you both down on the floor.
You try to take a deep breath, but it comes out shakily and uneasily.
"It's alright.  You're doing a good job.  Keep breathing pretty girl.  Just focus on my voice," she coos, rubbing circles on your hands with her thumbs.

"I can't breathe," you freak out, looking at her anxiously.
"It's okay.  I know you can.  You are.  You are breathing.  Just focus on my touch and my voice and don't pay attention to anything else.  I've got you, angel.  I'm right here.  You're doing a great job," she looks at you with a comforting glance and reaches a hand out to stroke the side of your face.

"Do you think you can try to breathe with me?  We'll take it nice and slow.   I'm right here with you."
"Mmhm," you manage to get out, trying to remain composed but ultimately failing.
"Just follow my breath.  It's just me.  It's only me and you."
You nod anxiously, trying not to cry.
"Breathe in," she inhales slowly, and you do your best to follow along.  She continues after holding her breath for a second.
"And out," she exhales.
"Good girl.  You're doing a great job.  Just keep following along.  I've got you.  I've got you.  You're safe," she assures you, tightening her grip on your hands.

You do your best to continue following along to her breath as she eases you through your anxiety attack.  You squeeze her hands and she nods in reassurance once more.

"I'm sorry, H/N/N."
"Hey, hey, hey, baby, why are you sorry?  Don't be sorry, my love.  I'm here for you.  You're my best friend.  I've got you.  I've always got you.  I'll always be here to make you feel safe," H/N says, smiling at you.
She leans over and gently places a kiss on the tip of your nose, and you smile and pull her chin in closer, pressing your lips into hers.  You can feel her smirk gently against your mouth as she slowly wraps her arms around your body, pushing you harder into the wall behind you.

word count: 469