Chapter 13

~Jamari (Jhood) POV~

I hurried up and ran down the pier. My eyes blinked wide as I saw booths set up in two rows, filled with games, toys and lots of food.

The surrounding rides and people rang through my ears. Damn, the whole town must be here.

I'm grabbed roughly, snapping me back to reality.
"Took you long enough." Jaylin says pulling me by the arm towards a popcorn stand.

Damn. Why he so hostile, what I do?

He throws an apron at me and I immediately put it on and stand next to Ramos. I lean close to him and whisper, "What you do?"

Ramos already looked annoyed so sum most definitely happened. He always gotta deal with him.

"I gave him a lil edible to help him relax, and I forgot to tell him. But I told him a few minutes ago and now he's mad cause he can't handle it." He mumbles.

Sooo he drugged him? Great just great.
"He can smoke but can't handle edibles?"

"He doesn't smoke." He said with a blankly.

My eyes widened at the thought. This man never smoked? Then wtf do he be doin when he says he gonna smoke with Ramos.

"Then what he be doing during your smoke sessions?"

His ass just chuckles at me and shakes his head. His hand went inside the booth, pulling out a roll of tickets. "Go hand these out."

I gave him a weird glance, before walking away into the crowd of people, as I handed out the tickets, I watched my surroundings. Never know when those pigs are watching me.

My eyes ignited with excitement as I walked around, all the bright neon colors of the rides. The several booths filled with games and price. I can't even remember the last time I actually had fun around here.

I was...five I think. When my father wasnt controlling or forceful and actually let us be kids.

Minutes go by and half my tickets are gone and now I sit down on one of the empty benches. As I sat down, several people walked by but one person caught my eye.

It was Tyler.

He was wearing a black crop top, black pants to match. Bracelets covered his arms and a single chain on his neck. His face had some glitter on it. The purple-pink glitter shined as the neon lights hit his face.

My eyes never leaving his sight must've been noticed because the next thing I knew. He was walking up to me.

"What are you doing here?"

I shrug. "Business."

He rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, "Oh really. Having fun doing it?"

"Not really." I whispered.

A wave of heaviness hit my eyes. Suddenly everything was brighter and louder, too many brownies and at the worst moment.

I could hardly focus on what he was saying. Just how close he was and how good he looked, I would just pu-

His fingers snap me out of my trance.
"Did you hear me? I said, "Let's have fun."

He reached his hand out. "Come on."

I take off the apron and put it next to the roll of tickets left. I grab his hand and get up. "Let's have fun then."

He took my hand and led me through the crowd of people, and followed behind but I swear I was slower than usual.

I stopped mid way and patted his head while giggling when I accidentally bumped into him.

We stood in line for the ferris wheel. As we waited I leaned down onto him, I felt his body heat radiate on to me. "You feel like a pillow." I said

Yeah, I'm fucked up.

It was our turn to get on one of the carts. We got on and a man closed the door behind us, he then flipped a switch and we were now going up into the air.

The people on the ground became smaller then a blur to my eyes. We were now high enough to see the whole carnival and all its glory.

Tyler was looking over the railing. Just watching as the view began more and more bigger.

A gust of wind blew our way lifting up his crop top a little. He shivered and rubbed his arms with his hands.

I took off my jacket and put it around him. He looked up at me with widened eyes. Mine felt heavier than ever.

"You're eyes.." he says, staring into them.

His eyes are not just looking at me but looking within me. They look back at him, his hazel eyes shining bright, a sight that would never be forgotten.

I sigh heavily. "Why didn't you bring a jacket?"

He pulls on the jacket around him more.
"I have one now."

He then moved dangerously close to me. I tensed up in my seat. He doesn't seem worried and calm about the whole thing.

He scooch even closer to me by now his face was now so close to mine, I could hardly breathe. I hesitantly put my arm around his waist, he looked down at my arm and then back at me.

His hand traveled up my chest to my face, he caressed the side of my face then kissed me with his soft pink lips.

He pulls away and turns his head away from me.
My other hand went up towards the neck, pulling him slightly towards me and kissed him back.