Chapter 39 - Clinic

*content warning: brief mention of food, depression, mention of death*
If you come across a trigger that wasn't listed, let me know. Stay safe.
Chapter 39 - Clinic

Julia's P.O.V.

I follow him, slightly shocked.

But confusion stops the question at my lips when he pulls us towards the stairwell.

Our class is downstairs.

Just as we're about to take the first step up, he suddenly turns, pulling me under the stairs.

"I thought you were staying home today." He murmurs quietly, brows furrowed in concern as his hands move up to cup my cheeks.

I barely shake my head, looking down.

There's no logical reason to it, but I can't meet his gaze.

"Are you feeling okay?" He questions softly, his hands moving down to mine, his fingers slipping comfortingly in-between mine.

I barely nod in response, suddenly very frustrated when a lump forms in my throat.

"How did you get to school? You should've at least called me, we could've given you a ride or I could've walked with you. Actually, you should've stayed home." He whispers, his thumbs rubbing soothing circles into the back of my hands.

"I walked here... And it's been two weeks, I had to come back to real life at one point or another, Harry..." I barely croak out, my voice cracking.

Immediately Harry's arms are around me.

"Hey, hey... It's alright, you don't have to talk..." He whispers, rocking us back and forth.

All I can do is wrap my arms around his waist, hiding my face in his shoulder as I fight back tears.

"I miss my mom..." I whimper, my chest tightening.

Harry's grip on me softens, his lips pressing against my hair.

"Sweetheart, you should go home, you need rest..." He pleads softly, his large hand rubbing up and down my back.

I shake my head in response, the quiet cries pulling at my throat, begging to deepen into sobs.

"I hate being alone..." I choke, feeling my shoulders bounce once with a sob.

"Hey, hey, don't cry... Don't cry, please... I hate seeing you cry..." He whispers, his cheek resting in my hair.

"I'm sorry..." I blubber out pathetically.

"Don't apologize, you have nothing at all to be sorry for." He laughs breathlessly, stepping back a little and lifting my chin so I have to meet his gaze.

As soon as his green eyes meet mine, my bottom lip trembles furiously.

His face softens, one of his hands moving to cup my jaw as he gently brushes his thumb along my shaking lips.

"Do you think pull yourself together for at least five minutes? Just enough to get to the nurse?" He asks quietly.

"The nurse?" I echo blankly, watching his green eyes in confusion.

"Pips, you're obviously not in any position to be going to class... Nobody will blame you for missing one or two more days of school. Finals aren't for a few weeks, all they're gonna be doing is some stupid team games and flash cards. Go home, sweetheart, please... If you want me to, I'll fake sick so you don't have to be alone... You just have to go in a few minutes after me and then meet me at the front of the school, I'll have Aunt Jane pick us up... Does that sound alright...?" He smiles slightly at the end, his concerned eyes staying on me.