Chapter One

I opened my eyes to the gritty room around me. The roof was a dark grey with pipe systems crawling across it. A drop of water fell from the pipes onto my nose, finally awaking me from my sleep. I shifted my body to the side, trying to go into a more comfortable position. The clock ticked once more, just as I sat up on my bed, today would be just like any other.

I sat there, rubbed my eyes, and prepared to make my bed. But before I could get up, the sergeant ran in screaming. "Get up you lazy rats!! What are you, soldiers or a group of tired teenagers!!"? "heh, the latter, I'd say." Said Franklin, he was part of the same peace keeping group as me and the closest thing to a "friend" I knew. We had met when we were 15, we were selected as part of the five smartest and strongest kids in our district schools. But there's no time to think of the past, my job won't allow that. If I hope to progress to become a minister, I'll have to work hard. There's no time to worry about useless things such as "history" and "ethics". They've specifically taught us to ignore them and see them as walls stopping us from reaching our full potential. Even if it requires us to kill everyone who opposes us.

Anyway, I went on a bit of a tangent. I had finished making my bed and I walked down the main aisle of the headquarters. The alarms had started blaring, and the light had switched from a calm, cold white to an explosive crimson. "A group of terrorists have taken control of the Chicago Ministry of Propaganda. Take back our land and serve our glorious country. Hail America and America only!!" The voice in the speakers yelled. "HAIL AMERICA, AND AMERICA ONLY!!" Shouted a group of peacekeepers as we sprinted into the equipment sector. I threw on my green tactical suit before equipping myself with a gun, throwing knife and firebomb. From there we ran down a small flight of stairs into the vehicle garage. "Get ready, men, show them what our glorious nation does to traitors!!".

 "Come on, William, we have traitors to deal with, we need to crack down on this lot." Said Franklin. "I know!!" I yelled, "Remember what they did to the old sergeant, the National Liberation Army!!". "Yes, yes, you can shut up about it now!" I yelled. Laughing, Franklin shook his head. We were now on the main Highway, speeding along. The orange haze in the sky was blocked out by hundreds of skyscrapers shooting into the sky. We chocked on the morning smog caused by thousands of factories around greater Chicago. Our entire District is one of the most industrialised in the entirety of the Greater State of America. However, this industrialisation doesn't mean we are safe from those "revolutionary" terrorist groups that wreck our grand nation. That's why my job exists. To exterminate the revolutionary threat, to protect the people, the nation and the new order.