Chapter 9: Relay Day

Excitement had very quickly built up around the school as the day of the broom relay had finally come. It was hard for you not to be caught up in it all, because all of your friends were pretty fired up for it.

"I'm determined to win this relay, and when I do I'm gonna have our picture put right next to Chariot's!!" Akko exclaimed as she held her broom tighly up against her.

As if it wasn't obvious to you before, she was really obsessed with the idol and brought her up in nearly every other conversation. Not that it bothered you of course, you liked hearing what she had to say.

Akko did most of the talking for you both and you were quite happy to sit there and keep quiet while listening to her.

"Hey uhm....Akko?" You got the brunettes attetnion after her little moment of excitement. She turned to you with the biggest smile you had ever seen, on her face.

"I-I d-don't wanna be rude...b-but I thought you were still struggling to fly. H-Have you got a solution to that?" You asked.

"Don't worry I got a solution for it." Sucy replied instead and you looked at her.

The smile on her face was much different to Akko's, with it being more of a creepy grin that sent shivers up your spine.

"Uhhh o-okay." You said now feeling worried for your new friend, unsure of what Sucy had planned.

"We should get going now! The relay will start soon and we need to be ready to get into our positions!" Lotte said which sent tream red into action.

You followed the three of them outside to where everyone else was warming up for the race. All of the students were taking this really seriously, doing stretches and just overall mentally preparing themselves for it.

"The more I see, the more I wish I was able to take part." You thought to yourself.

"Everyone looks so confident..." Lotte commented.

"Don't worry, they're all gonna eat our dust!" Sucy said, the smirk on her face getting ever wider as she spoke.

"I-I wish I could be as confident as you...." Lotte replied.

"Just fly the way you normally do and we'll be fine." Sucy reassured as she pat her orange haired friend on the shoulder.

As you listened to the two friends talk to each other, you could also hear a very loud voice that seemed to be getting closer. Turning yourself around, a girl with spiked up orange hair holding a microphone was going about speaking to different teams that would be in the relay.

Alongside her were another two girls, one of them busy writing everything down at an incredible pace on a notepad, the other was taking pictures with the camera she was carrying in her hands.

"AND HERE WE HAVE ONE OF THE FAVOURITES, AMANDA O'NEIL! ARE YOU CONFIDENT THAT YOU WILL WIN?!" She asked the laidback American who smiled and leaned back.

"Yeah I'm confident for sure! We've got this in the bag!" She said.

Suddenly, there was a banging and a rattling coming from underneath the cloth cover that had been draped over the trolley that she was leant against. Amanda was quick to divert the attention away from it though and it soon stopped.

The three girls moved on and started walking towards the red team.

"OH WOW! NO WAY!!!" The girl with the microphone exclaimed.

Akko was the on stood in her eyeline, so of course she thought that she was about to be interviewed. The brunette brushed down her uniform and cleared her throat.