Chapter 7 {Things Are Changing}

Oml I swear I have no ideas for this book

Smh I left this without a title *dies*

*You already know*

Things were changing a lot. I actually got to be away from Nightmare. And not just that, I got to talk to Error! Nightmare was a lot sweeter, and I couldn't help but feel happy around him.

Oddly enough, I couldn't find him today and wouldn't try. His castle was way too huge. Instead, I just watched a show with Error. I couldn't seem to get Nightmare out of my head.

"Hey, Error? Do you know where Nightmare is?" I asked.

"I dunno," he said. "Probably singing somewhere."

"Singing?"

"... Never mind," Error said, turning his attention back to the show.

"Okay..." I mumbled, going back to watching the show.

After a while, Nightmare came back. He made a beeline to where I was sitting and flopped down on the couch next to me. Without thinking, I pulled him closer to me and leaned into him. He wrapped his tentacles around me and took one of my hands in his.

Once again, I heard that odd purring noise. Soon enough, I managed to fall asleep. When I woke up, I was next to Error. Horror was making lunch and Nightmare was nowhere to be found.

Odd, I thought. Error got up and walked over to Horror. He started talking and helping out a bit. I shuffled, being oddly alone.

"Hey, Ink."

Startled, I whipped around. Nightmare. "Geez, you scared me," I mumbled.

Nightmare threw himself over the back of the couch and sat down cross-legged next to me. "Sorry," he said and gave me a grin that left me both smiling back and feeling a bit uneasy. He must have noticed my uneasiness because he gave me a normal smile that wiped away any uneasiness from his grin.

"So what've you been doing? You were missing all this morning," I asked.

"Oh, uh, n-nothing," he mumbled. "Well, I m-mean, I was, uh, singing, but, not- not very well."

"I wanna hear," I said impulsively.

"N-no, you don't. Let's just- j-just move on, alright?"

Forgetting for a second who I was talking to, I shouted, "You don't tell me how I feel! You could just tell me no, but now that you told me how I feel, there's no way in HELL I'm taking no as an answer!"

Nightmare winced. "I- I'm not good. It'll just be a waste of both of our time."

I still wasn't going to take no for an answer. I stared at him.

"I told you, I- I'm not good," Nightmare said again.

"I don't care. I want to hear."

Nightmare sighed. "Please, Ink."

His voice was sad as if just thinking about singing in front of me hurt him. "Fine," I said.

"Thank you," Nightmare said.

"FOOD'S READY!" Horror shouted, and as if nothing had just happened, Nightmare and I walked over to the table to eat.