Chapter 4. Powerless

Hi guys. Here is another chapter. I really hope you like it. The story is starting to get complicated.

Enjoy!

Chapter 4. Powerless

Dean' POV

Ever since she bumped into me, I just couldn't take her out of my thoughts. She's been on my mind constantly. I don't know why, but I am a little worried about her. The look in her eyes when she crashed in my arms made me shiver. She looked like a frightened deer. I wonder what happened to her that made her so frightened.

She kind of took me off guard, because I wasn't paying attention where I was going, I was being happy for finally arriving my destination, after a seven hours train ride. It's not that I hate traveling by train, I actually find it pretty relaxing, and I traveled a lot in the past five years, but after sharing a compartment with the loudest female speaker alive, all I wanted to do was to get off of the train and give a rest to my almost bleeding years.  

I was walking along the corridor when this absolutely gorgeous girl bumped into me. By the time I pulled some words together, she said she needed to go and that was it. I tried to catch her, but it seemed that every single soul in this train needed to get off here. So I couldn't follow her, as much as I wanted to. 

But the sweet smell of her perfume has already invaded my senses, and my heart started aching for her.  

I finally got off the train, after a few minutes, and stopped a little to take some long calming breaths. I enjoyed the fresh cool air of the evening, and the humm from the train station. This humm was actually relaxing, compared to the pitch voice of the lady from the train.

So here I am, in LA, not really knowing where to go first. I guess I should have planned this trip better. I mean I am travelling to different new cities every year for the last 10 years, and for the past five years I actually traveled much more than I expected, but here I am, with absolutely no plan in my mind.

Ever since my parents passed away, and leaving me a considerably amount of money, I decided to just make the most of my life. And since I am not a party guy, I decided to do what I love the most, and visit as many cities as possible until I settle down and open my own photography gallery.

Until last years, my best friend used to travel with me, but he had to move to China and now I am by myself. I promised him though that I would continue the travelling tradition and give him daily input about my journeys.

After walking through the crowd and reaching the restaurants area of the station, I realized I was hungry and pretty tired, as I couldn't sleep during the ride since that loud woman didn't cease in explaining me the entire process of gardening in glass recipients and some other stuff that I barely understood. I still don't know if she was under medication or something.

So, perhaps I should get something to eat first, and then find a place to sleep. Since it is already pretty late, I guess I could grab a bite from McDonald's, and then just get out of this station and find a nearby motel. Although I had plenty of money, I wasn't really a spender, I guess I never liked to draw attention upon myself, and I never felt the need to be picky.

After ordering a king size menu, I took my tray and headed to find a table. Regardless the late hour, all tables were full.

The only solution I had was to share a table with somebody. But the only place available was with three elder ladies. Oh my, having a late dinner with some grandmas wasn't exactly my dream, but I guess there isn't much I can do about it. I guess I can handle fifteen minutes of other boring conversation. I could tell them I don't like to speak while eating, and maybe I can save myself from talking to them.