Chapter 6. Where to?

Chapter 6 Where to?

The morning came, after a sleepless night. I couldn't sleep,  the words "tomorrow is the day" played over and over again in my mind. What does this mean?

Of course I imagined all sort of weird things, and I came to the conclusion that if they were going to kill me, the least I could do was put up a fight. I won't let them take me out that easy. 

During the time spent here, all I could do was think and exercise. I missed my books, my bed, even though it was old and ugly, but nevertheless it was my bed. I even considered missing home, but the picture of drunk Rick calling me hon gave me an urge to vomit, and I immediately dismissed that thought. 

I became pretty good with my exercises, I actually improved my number of push-ups up to 50 at a time. I must say, I am pretty fond of myself for this matter, but I knew I wouldn't stand a chance if a fight would be necessary.

The door opened, with its usual creek sound, and the bald man came in holding the same tray. He brought me breakfast, scrambled eggs, some toast and a coffee. Wow, coffee, the smell tingled my nostrils, and literally enveloped me in a cool sensation. He put the tray down, and told me to eat fast and get dressed. It was then when I saw a pair of blue jeans, a white shirt and a pair of sneakers in his left hand. He threw the clothes on the bed and walked out.

I started sipping the coffee. The warm taste made me moan, I had really, really missed coffee. I missed the smell, the taste, the waking sensation down my throat. I quickly ate the eggs and the toast, because I knew very well that if I didn't finish by the time he came back, he would take the tray away from me and I would starve. It took me two days and a lot of hunger to learn this. I guess some things are bound to be learned the hard way.

I started getting dressed, whishing for him to bring me some underwear, or at least a bra, but at least he got the right measure for the clothes and sneakers. They were obviously worn, but still looked good. I couldn't afford to be picky anyway, so I undressed my old dirty clothes and put on the clothes that he got for me.

I sat in my bed, waiting, my stomach fluttering and feeling very anxious. I couldn't feel if this was going to be a bad day or a good day. But I certainly had enough of being held hostage in a small room with nothing to do all day long. And the worst part of all of this is peeing with someone next to you, virtually watching you, to make sure you don't try anything funny. Not to mention the only shower I was allowed to take, that must have been the quickest shower ever. 

I started hearing footsteps, and I felt my breath knotting in my throat as the door opened. The bald guy followed by a tall man entered the room. The bald guy had a content look on his face, like he had achieved God knows what. He told the guy something in Spanish, and then started smiling. I wished I had taken Spanish lessons, but I chose French instead. Bad choice!

The tall guy, dressed in an expensive black suit, didn't respond, he was staring at me, moving his eyes to study every inch of my body. I felt like I was a piece of meat displayed in butchery.

"Es muy hermosa. Me gusta. Has sido bien, muy bien!" the tall guy said. There was something about his smile that made me feel scared. My shoulders fell, my body stiffened, I wanted to hide somewhere, but all I could do was stare at the floor and pray he won't hurt me. His glare was giving me chills down my spine and my heart was pounding in my chest, I was really close to getting a heart attack.

"Get up, you are leaving!" the bold man snapped and I startled at his tone, but instantly got up on my feet. He grabbed me by the arm and led me to the door, walking on the same hallway we did whenever I needed to use the bathroom. But this time, instead of turning right, we walked to the left and exited a metal door. The tall man was following us closely, I could feel his breath in my back.