Chapter 5. Kidnapped

Chapter 5.  Kidnapped

Carly's POV

I don't know when I managed to fall asleep, since there was a really loud hum in the train station. But I guess I've been pretty tired lately, and the feeling that I was away from them, my so called parents, made me relax a little.

I have no idea when somebody took a seat next to me on the bench, but when he grabbed my elbow and shook me to wake up, I felt like the whole world crashed into my head. The guys that woke me up was huge. He had a massive body, like he was a wrestling fighter, and he was bold. His dark black eyes were filled with rage, like he was possessed or something. He scared me only by looking into my eyes and smirking at me. 

"Get up and come with me!" he practically yelled at me, but in a sort of whisper so he wouldn't draw attention upon us. His voice was hard, mean, like I was his worst enemy and he was searching for me for all of his life.

"No, who are you? I am not coming anywhere with you!" I answered through my sobs, and trying to stop from falling the tears that were already formed in my eyes. My arm started to heart because his grip on me was growing tighter.

"Don't put any fight on this, if you know what's best for you!" he growled, giving me the most hateful stare that one could give. If looks could kill, I would have been dead and buried by now.

Right when I was about to ask him to leave me alone, he showed me a knife. My blood virtually froze in my veins, I couldn't breath any longer, my heart literally skipped a beat and the sight of that knife.

Oh my God, what do I do know? Who is he? What does he want from me? He is going to kill me, I know it. I just hope he does it fast, so I won't feel any pain. I mean I have nothing to lose, right? I have a pathetic life, I ran away from home, nobody lives me, so I guess he would be doing me a favor. After my internal debate, I thought I would be able to take the situation lighter, but when I felt the knife on my throat, I got so scared that I started to scream for help.

I don't know how many times I managed to scream for help, but I suddenly felt a burning pain in my cheek, and I felt my warm blood going down my neck, dripping on my clothes. I instantly chocked any other word, and my head started spinning. I was in complete shock, and suddenly everything turned black.

I slowly opened my eyes, wondering why I had such a terrible migraine. I could see a white creaky ceiling, with a light ball attached directly to the wires. The three wals I could see were a yellowish white, as if they had been painted a very long time ago. The smell was thick, like there was a lot of dust and no oxygen. I tried to stand, but I couldn't move my arms or my legs. As far as I could see, there was nothing in the room, except for the bed I was being tied of. The bed was a one person bed, with no bed sheets on, I was lying on a dirty matress, surrounded my a metal bar where my arms and legs were tied.

I started remembering the bold guy from the train station, and the cut from my cheek started to hurt at the thought. 

"Hey, get me out of here, where am I?" I started yelling, perhaps somebody could come and tell me what this was all about. After screaming and begging for what seemed to be half a day, I heard a door being opened, but I couldn't see it. The bed was placed in such manner so I couldn't see the door nor the person coming in. I don't know if there were any windows in this room, because the light was on, and the room wasn't very bright. I just realized I didn't really know what time it was.

"Please, let me go, please untie my hands, the ropes are hurting me" I started begging, because I couldn't even feel my arms, they were numb.

I could hear someone stepping near me, and I realized there was a black haired woman, with a sad pale face, but with the same black eyes as the bald man that kidnapped me.

"I cannot let you go nor untie you, so you'd better stop struggling and keep quiet" the woman told me. She looked like in her mid forties, but there was something about her that made me believe she didn't really approve what was going on. So I decided to make an advantage out of it.

"Here, drink some water" she said, putting a straw in my mouth. I started sipping, and the first mouth of water practically burnt my dry sour throat. I finished the glass in less than ten seconds, and I really needed more water. And after drinking I realised I was actually pretty hungry. How time did it pass since the event in the train station?

"Please, I am still thirsty, could you give me some more water? And perhaps some food? I am really hungry, please" I begged the woman, using my most adorable puppy face and hoping that she will bring me something to eat.

"I can't!" This is all the woman said and she marched towards the door, leaving me there, lying on a bed, with my arms and legs tied on the bed. And as if this wasn't bad enough, she turned off the light, and I remained there in complete darkness.

Yey, I hate my life!

 ***

I have no idea how many days have passed, but besides eating, drinking and going to the bathroom, I did absolutely nothing else. I haven't met anyone new, it was the same sad dark haired lady. She didn't talk too much, only the minimum necessary words. At least they or she or whomever took me didn't do anything bad to me. I must admit the food was pretty good, and they stopped tying me to the bed.

It somehow resembled to the life I had back at home, when I was being punished and I had to spend half of day in my room. I kind of missed my books, but now without them all I had was doing exercises, so I returned in doing abs, stretching, and other boring stuff. 

It turned out that I had a small window in the room, which was placed at the top of the wall, near the ceiling, so I couldn't see outside, but at least I had some light, and not living in complete darkness. Of course I came up with the idea of moving the bed, which was the only piece of furniture in the room, but it was fixed on the floor with some huge bolts.

One day, when it was dinner time, the bald man came in, holding the usual green plastic tray with a sandwich, a small salad and a bottle of water. I could feel the anger boiling inside of me, and I started chewing on my upper lip and clenching my fists, but somehow I managed to keep myself from talking. He had a rather sad but not remorseful look.

"Here, eat your dinner!" he said, putting the tray on my bed. He backed away a few steps, but still keeping eye contact with me. I didn't say a thing, and didn't move from the corner where I got when I saw him entering the door.

He walked out of the room, and let me standing there. What happened to the woman? Why did he come instead of her? Oh my God, what if he did something to her?

I started shaking, but since I was really hungry, I managed to take a bite from the sandwich, and after a while I finished all the food that he brought. After a while, I couldn't say how much, because I didn't have a watch, but considering the dim light coming from the window, I would say in the evening, the same bald guy came to take the tray, and told me:

"Tomorrow is the day, so get ready".

He left again, and I didn't get the chance to ask what was he talking about? The day for what? To kill me? Well, maybe not kill me, I mean why would they have fed me for so long if they wanted me dead?

I went to sleep, with his words running through my head: "Tomorrow is the day". I had a bad feeling about this...

__________

So, do you guys like it? If you do, please vote/comment, tell me your opinion.

Thanks! X