Lets start our story

Almost three months after his college ended, Vegas lost his father. He suffered from a cardiac attack and at the age of 23, Vegas became an orphan.

He was about to leave for Japan in the coming months for further studies but now had to become the head of the family and take over his father's position in his International business.

One night after an argument with Macau, his younger brother, Vegas, had some drinks alone. He never wanted to shout at his brother but with a 10-year age gap, he didn't know how to handle a teenager. Macau was totally dependent on his father. His father was a good person, but their relationship was always sour.

That day he was sitting by the bed and having a drink when a notification popped up. He took his phone and saw that it was the message of the same insane person who is nowadays texting him daily, but he knows that he should not entertain these kinds. But today curiosity took over him and he opened the message.

Perth  

hey, are you okay? I heard you lost your father. I mean, I know it happened some time back but it's not that easy to forget it, right? I thought of telling you about it earlier but then I recalled mine and never mind. Anyway, what I want to tell you is that everyone dies. I already told you that I lost mine when I was 8. But see I am here. Texting you. Happy. Alive. Life finds its way. And we should keep going. I prayed for you today. Usually my prayers are heard, so don't worry. Keep fighting. I am sleeping late today. Well when did you become my personal diary? LOL. Anyways, keep smiling. Goodnight. (1:10 am)

Vegas read the message. He saw it earlier also that someone was texting him daily but he ignored it. But today he kept on reading the message again and again. He was sobbing like crazy after seeing the text. Since the day his father died, he didn't shed any tears. He constantly was looking after his brother but after seeing the text, he couldn't hold any better.

Vegas- who the fuck are you? (1: 53am)

But Pete was fast asleep.The next morning was just like a usual one for Pete. But a lot of things changed for Vegas. He didn't sleep the previous night. He kept on reading those 62 messages from 58 nights that Perth sent him.

He learned that Perth was a boy studying in his University.He was an orphan who lost his parents when he was 8. He was raised by his grandfather alone. His grandfather was not a great man because he always wanted a granddaughter instead of a grandson.

He learned that Perth ran away from home as soon as he finished high school and turned 18. He also ran away because his grandfather wanted him to marry his best friend's daughter, which was weird because when did guys start getting married that soon.

Perth worked many part time jobs before college started and gathered some funds. Nowadays he manages both studies and two part time jobs, one as a waiter 3 hours a day and one at a convenience store, 4 days a week.

He learned that Perth felt an instant connection with Vegas when he first saw him and hence, decided on rooting for him. He was just a fan who wanted to be his friend.

By the morning, Vegas felt as if he knew Perth very well. His texts gave him enough courage to gather himself again and get going. He was thankful. He was hopeful again. Maybe now he can handle Macau's temper tantrums again.