getting better

The next day again Vegas got up and rushed home after preparing a normal breakfast for Pete.

When Pete woke up she was alone again. She was having this weird feeling before and after sleeping. But she never entertained the thoughts. Vegas came back again at about 11. He looked fresh, but there were dark circles evident under his eyes. This constant traveling and lack of sleep was making him look like a giant panda. Just like any normal day he came back again.

'Hey, are you feeling good now?'

'Vegas, you don't have to come again and again. I took three days off on your suggestions because I am not well, you should go to work.'

'I have a meeting to attend at 2 so I'll go by  then. You don't want me here?'

'It's not like that. You didn't even sleep nicely last night. And you keep on rushing between my place, your place and your office. You'll get tired like that. You already look like a fucking Panda.

'I got it. You don't like me anymore.' He was pretending to pout but still continued. 'I bought this cake, you like sweets right? Come on, dig in.' Pete laughed lightly and took the cake.
Vegas wanted to talk with Pete for a long time, he was hesitating but started anyways.

'Pete, can I talk to you about something?'

'Hm hm.'

'Will you go to therapy?'

'We just terminated it. You want me to go through it again?'

He flicked her forehead. 'No idiot, not that therapy. I am talking about visiting a Psychologist.' Pete looked at Vegas in shock and she did look hurt. She decided not to say anything.

'Pete I'm talking to you.'

'You think I'm crazy?'

'Oh God pete! Why are you twisting my words.'

'You said I need to see a Psychologist.'

'Yes. And nothing wrong with that.'

'Why do I need to see a Psychologist if there's nothing wrong. Do you think I'm too stubborn, some obsessive late teen trying to win over a man who is not interested in girls? That I'm a whore who wears slutty clothes to seduce a man double her age, or a bad omen who ate her parents.'Pete was shivering  while saying all this. Vegas panicked cause he never expected that reaction.

'Pete Pete baby...' But Pete cut him off.

'No Vegas.... I respect you. I like you. But I'm not tolerating you calling me all these things..'

'I never did.....' but Pete cut him off again.

'You can go and do your work, I will be sleeping.' And Pete stood to go to her room when Vegas pulled her back and made her sit on his lap. She was being defensive. It must be his grandfather's words or their neighbours words that she must have heard from a young age that must be causing this.

'Pete...shh! Listen baby.. look at me.' Pete tried her best to avoid him. But he finally made her look at him. Pete was crying again. 'Who told you that you are a bad omen? Did I say that?' She shook her head looking at Vegas in denial.
'Did I say that you dress slutty?'
She shook her head looking at Vegas in denial again. 'Look Pete, I am older than you and you respect me so you will listen to me na baby?'
And Pete nodded again.. 'He wiped her tears, kissed her lips, cheeks and forehead.
'I like you too Pete. Do you know that? Have I ever told you this?' Vegas said this to lighten the mood. But Pete was now sulking.

'You didn't. You told Perth, that you'll like him for sure whenever they meet.'

'And Perth is you only na Pete, so I like you. Yes?' She nodded again and hugged him tight. Vegas hugged her back and kept rubbing her back.