Chapter 4

When I woke up in the morning I was still tired. I turned to look around the room and noticed that Carter wasn't at my bed anymore. I went to go look around the house and finally found Carter at the kitchen making some delicious breakfast. I leaned in closer to see what he was making."Hey, how did you sleep?" He sounded tired, too. "Good. Do you feel better?" I was hoping he would go back to the hospital because he looked like he needed it. "Im fine thanks". He did not sound very sure to me. "How are my parents? Did they seem better to you when you left?" I was still worried, and hoping they would come back soon. "Why. Do You want to go visit them?" "Of course I do. They are my parents and I care about them" I hope I didn't sound desperate and probably too worried. "Sara, they will be fine. But if you want to go we will as soon as we are done eating." I was glad he understood how much I wanted to go see my parents as soon as possible. "Ok". As I ate my breakfast I was surprised Carter had nothing to say. As I took my last bite Carter had brought some cupcakes over to the table. "I made them just for you. I hope you like them because I woke up really early just so that I can make this things." "Oh, thank you." As I was taking my fist bite my mouth felt something rally hard. "Wha is dis?!?!!?" Carter seem to be laughing or smiling really widely for no really good reason at me. I started to take out something out of my mouth that felt like it had a circular shape. As I took it out of my mouth I noticed that it was the most beautiful diamond wedding ring I had ever seen in my entire life. "Carter! What is all of this about!!?" He could not stop laughing. Was he laughing because this was suppose to be a trick or something? Even though I had never smiled so widely in my life i was a little mad but way more happy than mad. "Don't you get it!? Sara don't you!?" I did or at least I hoped it was what I thought it was. Was he asking me to be his WIFE!? I would obviously say yes but how should I say it? Carter got out of the chair and slowly started to lead his cut knees towards the cold white floor. "Sara Smith, will you give me the honor to be my wife?" At that exact moment I started crying. Was this a dream, and if it was, this is the most beautiful dream anyone could ever have. "Yes! Yes Carter, I would love to be your wife." Oh dear this was the best breakfast I have ever had!